2yr in fatal DIRT BIKE crash

Wild and Sad story................

Video Link

Another Video Link

Police Investigate Fatal Crash Involving Baby

Reporting

Derek Valcourt

BALTIMORE (WJZ) ?

A motorcyclist swerves to avoid a dirt bike with a 2-year-old boy as a passenger and slams into a pole, killing himself. The motorcyclist's heartbroken family speaks out while police search for the other driver.

1 Dead, Toddler Injured After Motorcycle Crash

A motorcyclist swerves to avoid a dirt bike with a 2-year-old boy as a passenger and slams into a pole. The motorcyclist's heartbroken family speaks out about the fatal crash while police search for the other driver.

For Janneh Adighibe, tears are still flowing over the death of her brother, Alphonso Gaye, an IT professional and father of three. Gaye, 47, died Sunday evening while riding his motorcycle. Police say as he was driving north on Gilmor, he encountered a man on a yellow dirt bike, holding a toddler on his lap. Gaye swerved to avoid a collision with the dirt bike, but he lost control of

his own motorcycle and slammed into a light pole. He died, even though he was wearing a helmet.

"He did something that was heroic," said Patrice Gaye.

The victim's family spoke only with WJZ. They believe the man on the dirt bike and the toddler owe their lives to Gaye.

"Being that he is a father and I'm sure he saw the child, that's why he did what he did," Gaye said.

Police say the toddler did fall off the dirt bike in the chaos. They say the dirt bike's driver scooped up the child, drove into an alley, left the child there and then sped off.

"Who does that?" Gaye said.

Police don't know who, and they say the child's family members refuse to cooperate with investigators. It's frustrating to the victim's family.

"Why would I even put my baby on a bike in the first place? But if I was to put my baby on a bike, you're damn skippy I would know who's controlling that machine," Adighibe said.

For now, Gaye's large extended family is pleading with the public for help finding the dirt bike driver while they prepare for a funeral for the man they love.

"Educated, intelligent, worldly, resourceful man lost his life due to the ignorance of someone," Adighibe said.

"He was one of those personalities that changed the world. He touched everyone in a positive manner," Gaye said.

Family members say since Gaye lived much of his life in Virginia, they're planning his burial at Fairfax Memorial Park.

First impression...WTF!

After opening the video and hearing "West Baltimore" it all makes sense.

Do a YouTube search for "dirtbikes baltimore" and you'll get endless videos of dirtbikes being ridden all over the city streets doing wheelies, stoppies, racing, etc.

I used to live in the District, traveled to BMore all the time to gather folks I did TDs andRace weekends with... all to familiar to me.