Sign in to follow this  
cardiffchris

saturday morming ride

I have not been to this area yet, but I can't commit until Friday. We will see how the leg feels then. Ken

Since you asked, the In Ko Pah area is not that heavley patroled I have never seen an agent by smugglers cave. I am sure they go in there but there are only so many ways out that is where they are.

Jacumba resort is good food/beverages

If Ken goes I will lead. Know the area, lots of soft technical some hard techinical :D

Here is one of the past rides.

KLR Canyon

Since you asked, the In Ko Pah area is not that heavley patroled I have never seen an agent by smugglers cave. I am sure they go in there but there are only so many ways out that is where they are.

Jacumba resort is good food/beverages

If Ken goes I will lead. Know the area, lots of soft technical some hard techinical :D

Here is one of the past rides.

KLR Canyon

sounds great, perhaps you can suggest a better staging/parking spot to unload bikes from trucks. the desert tower parking lot might not be the best place. perhaps somewhere between there and the freeway ramp.

If I do go, a better place to meet is the lot next to the Valero Jacumba exit.

Guest crmyers

Hey guys I have been there lately I unloaded in between the Valero and the Shell, bought gas and took off, checked out the border road and Moon Valley, there are two roads to the top the easy one is right across from INKOPAH and the other is visible from the Valero ,it has a bad rock section near the top, I was on my quad and alone after the second try I went back and did the easy way, it is doable on a two wheeler , all at the top is cool and I could not find a way into Mexico with any real promise, the cool places are closed by treehuggers but the real deal is the border patrol is limiting vehicle traffic, like so many other spots, I did find a way aruund the closure by following a two wheelers tracks, it was a northerly road and had to go over rocks, awesome rocks and views, of coarse one should never break the law , but I feel so strangled by the dogooders, anyway have fun, I will be in the dunes, maybe soon i can ride with you guys again I am picking up a 450x tomorrow, anybody have any contacts to get it plated? Also the owner of both stations is Doug Wright you won't have any troubles and the Subway in the Shell is real good.