stefano

New members !

Hello Stefano,

Those 3 bikes from Craigslist you posted are fine but only the last one seems to be plated. If you buy a bike without the plate and try ot get one, it can be a headache these days and you risk getting it yanked down the road. There is a ton of info on this subject over at Thumper Talk.

If you can find a XR650R that you like and is plated (but prior to the 04 cut-off date) jump on it. You mentioned $ issues and also interest in a XR600 and there is a great bike that can be found plated and

pretty cheap still.

I ride a plated XR650R and will never let it go. Too much fun.

hey , thank you so much for your advertise !!! I really apriciate !!! I went to see these bike and there are all of them ready to go on legal street with plate on and register untill 2007 .

I like this one and it was in really nice condition !!!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/288241948.html

what you think ?? you like?? the price is pretty good ??? 3.200 dollars

I will wait an other week to see if I can see more options ....if not ,probably I will buy this one !!!! :D

looking forward to ride with you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stefano

Stefano, welcome aboard!

If you are looking for a XR600, there is a nice one on Craigs list(Not Plated) that I would but if I had the $$

Craigs list

hey, nice to meet you too !!!! I probably imagine wich bike you talking check if it's this one :

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/286418331.html

this one I like a lot !!!! it is really nice and ready to go !!!! but the problem it is not street legal :D and now I need one street legal because I will use to go to the university too !!! :lol:

looking forward to ride together !!!!!!!!!!

Stefano

Stefano, welcome aboard!

If you are looking for a XR600, there is a nice one on Craigs list(Not Plated) that I would but if I had the $$

Craigs list

hey, nice to meet you too !!!! I probably imagine wich bike you talking check if it's this one :

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/286418331.html

If you click the underlined "Craigs list" it will take you to the XR600.

Hi Stefano,

I was checking the bike out and looks great! My only concern is that if it has been used to race in Baja, the motor could be really worned out (check the compression for sure). Sometimes you can get really cool bikes that have been used for races, with extra equipment, but you got to be careful it still has juice, without having to invest lots of $$$ on the motor etc... I'm no expert, this is just my opinion... I got a Suzuky RM one time that belong to a racer, had lots of good components but the compression was very low and needed a top end job which costs me over $1000.00 If you are mechanically inclined, and I supposed you are since you did some racing yourself, then you can inspect it, and probably check the engine and tranny to make sure it does not have any problems... The picture looks great!

hey Martin , how are you ? I'm fine I'm still looking around .... yes that bike you talking about is beautifull but first is not street legal and second probably like you said the engine is kind of gone !!!

I see the nice xr 650r street legal but I'm not 100% sure .... if buy or not .... so I prefer wait a little bit the get the right one !!!! this afternoon I'm gonna see this one is not a Honda but is a Yamaha wr looks nice in the pictures .....and the price is pretty good !!!! today I'm going to check it out !!!

take a look :

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/288755012.html

soon I will be one of yours !!!!! :D

Have a good week !!

Stefano

That Yamaha, street legal, does not look bad.... check it out.. I don't know much about that model, but I think they had pretty descent reviews...

That Yamaha, street legal, does not look bad.... check it out.. I don't know much about that model, but I think they had pretty descent reviews...

I didn't have time jet to go over to take a look meaby this week end !!! I will !!!!

ciao

Stefano