robertaccio

Renewed DS rider! (smiley face)

hahaha... get that...

clean carb, factory jets settings{or close} and stock pipe =normal running..if there is a problem after that then it may well be electrical...

good idea to start off with the factory settings as a baseline....

when ever a friend is having suspension set up issues...i always get out the book and go back to factory settings as the baseline, set sag, and often they magically like it better...once people start messing with stuff it can go south quickly if they arent sure about what to do....

not that you dont know what you are doing.... :unsure: ..it is good to start with a baseline even when a guy is as sharp as you... :(

got out to our zone for testing, non DS required. Had morning difficulty with machine rode the RM125 for a warm up,that thing rails,,,while all the crew made jokes about me and the 610 machine,...anyway did some unwanted work on the 610 and got her going pretty well, after some dialing in. Then took the 610 out on the trails ST only and flogged the beast for a while, front left turn signal almost gone, rear right shattered lens, and the plate got tucked into the tire a couple of times and got all bent up... all this with no get offs,, how do you guys/gals manage the road gear. Of course this all happened after most of my crew left. The signals are all OEM Husky stuff and look well designed but still got thrashed within minutes.

stuff gets mashed up... it's why I run an edge tail light (relocates plate too)... front turn signals are stock; rear are lockhart flush mounts.... currently unwired, due to the fact the wires kept getting trashed

kick stand switches, and other safety features, cv carbs, stock electrical components all need to be taken off DS bikes that are ridden hard

you gotta keep them all tucked in...the rears on just about anything get trashed...that is why most guys who very hard go to the illegal small tucked in style that mount right next to the tail light...and the license plate is another story...the only fix on a ktm is the baja desins/sicass tailight assembly, and the sicass {or similar} turnsignals that monut to the side of the assembly.

on the front it is not so bad if you have them tucked up and in since the bars protect them some what...but rocks being shot at you from following a buddy will still shatter the fron signals and mirrors...you have to either be right on their rear wheel and hope they dont swap out or you have to drop back a bit out of the dust and rocks....

it can be a pain, but the plate opens up so much stuff here in cali...we just gotta deal with the broken lights at times... ;)

Three things to consider, flexible, small and tucked in. Front signals are protected by the bark busters. I have the Highway Dirt Bikes bark busters with the mirrors that fold behind the hand guard, pricey but nice stuff and lots of options.http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

DSC00407.jpg

100_0691.jpg

100_0692.jpg

100_0693.jpg

100_0694.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

thanks for input and discussion. check it out, front sig is just something I guess they are in a good spot, rear sigs do stick out, plate is way to unsupported as I suspected, I tried to keep the least amount of mass, but with the frame/plate assy its just too much on a TC type fender and flaps around too much.

before the ride shots from previous post.

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

I am going to test moving my rear light further forward and mounting the plate directly to the fender and try flush mount rear sigs onto the side of the fender where there is good support. Unless a good Yellow TE rear fender comes onto ebay. the TE fender has the built in mud/flap plate mount.

I am going to test moving my rear light further forward and mounting the plate directly to the fender and try flush mount rear sigs onto the side of the fender where there is good support. Unless a good Yellow TE rear fender comes onto ebay. the TE fender has the built in mud/flap plate mount.

Highway Dirt Bikes has some cool turn signals..

HDB, wow their hard parts look super high quality, very nice stuff. I had seen the HDB hand guards but never all the other stuff. Nice but will work around the less high tech stuff. RN

Kris..those are super cool guards/mirrors..i have never seen those before.. :o

very cool

robert...your front signals are about as good as it gets unless you use the ZETA hand guards with built in signals

http://www.zeta-racing.com/guard/xc_flasher/index.html

these guards fit on cycra hand guard bars with minimal mods

but anything pointing forward can get broken by rocks flying backwards at you :lol:

as for the rear...that setup is always gonna flop, too much weight on the tip with the aluminum mount bracket etc...

those rear sigs are just looking for a place to break off....

if you put your plate up on top of the fender, that will help, but it is not legal like that...but your current set up doesnt have a license plate light that i can see, so that is not legal either.

alot of people run the plate on top of the fender without any problems tho.

your plate is nice and verticle which is legal, but, it will catch on your tore like that for sure. that is why the sicass/BD ones slant it

those HDB hand guard turn signals are really cool too...but their web site is horrible to navigate...i just want to see their products and the prices :blink:

nightmare

nice stuff tho