Sign in to follow this  
Gbus Crisis

Aluminum Welding + Machine Shop

I want a small cylinder of aluminum (about 1 inch in diameter and 0.5 to 0.75 inches long) drilled, tapped and then welded to my rear master cylinder (also aluminum).

This is needed for rev 2 of my conversion to left hand only controls. I'm opting to link the front and rear brakes with my foot being the primary actuator (but you still need a hand brake for the stopped-pointed-uphill-and-not-in-first-gear scenario). I've tried an aftermarket off-the-shelf solution but it leaks. I've got brake fluid all over everything and my patience with this rather simple task has come to an end. Time for the nuclear option.

Please recommend to me a machine shop or a capable guy who likes a challenge.

Chad

You can try metaltwister's shop... Bengel's Offroad in Spring Valley ( www.bengelsoff-road.com ). I don't know for a fact if he does aluminum, but I'm sure he could probably help you out... He helped me with my bike in the past, steel of course. Just ask for Bob and tell him you were referred off of here.

Try GPM Engineering in San Marcos. Guy Stoutenburg is the owner. 760-591-three-six-76. Guy is a motorcycle person street and dirt and this shop has it all.

I've used Form Fab in Santee for welding. The guy has been welding since Methuselah was a young man and he works with all metals including exotic metals like titanium. He rides motorcycles and doesn't mind taking small jobs.

He doesn't do machining and you'd have to go somewhere else for that.

Chad, I stop by Guy's shop today. He has

done work like this before for riders

with your same need. He said he would

work with you and would look forward

to something like this.