Sign in to follow this  
daijones

Weekday rides in Corral Canyon

Managed to get back out to Corral Canyon a couple of times this week in between work after we broke through the new single track last sunday.

On tuesday rode a few trails then started from east side of new single track and went through slowly stopping to clear a few bits and tidy up marking, got to end and came back a bit cleaner with a few stops, good fun anyway. Did a few other trails, want to get back and do single track again but was bit tired and had to get back to do some work

Went back today and again after bit of warm up rode new single track from east, was easier to keep on track but stopped a few times to pick up and add ribbons etc and cover up some of the (probably mine) excursions off the correct track. Then made way back and did same, funny how markers and track are so different but with more useage each way makes it much easier to pick up the trail now. A bit beaten up so rode some other trails then came back and rode through new single track from east to west, turned around and all the way back. Great fun but a tough little trail, took me 30 minutes for both directions and I think it is only 3 miles each way.

Trail is now reasonably clear riding in either direction with marking that can be seen Ok although a few places especially on rocky outcrops is not obvious but from pretty much all places next ribbons should be visible (note that in some places they are pink, other red and a few yellow which are less easily seen.

The trail is still quite difficult in places, in my view comparable to other trails 5/8/9 in Corral Canyon, it may well get easier with more usage but as now is quite tough, but good fun, I love it. :unsure:

Oh and one final FYI, this week signs have been put up in Corral Canyon that on 2/28 there will be a mountain bike race (seem to remember same last year, not sure if it was same time). Anyway it seems kernan trail will be closed for part of day and other trails in the park will be signficantly impacted so beware if you were planning to go there that day.

I'd probably get through that trail faster if I just carried my bike, rather than trying to ride it. :unsure: