Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

I'm back

So, I spent a week in Florida on business... I lurked here and there, but didn't post much except to congraulate hucker on his new ride, and I prolly threw a smartass comment in now and again...

We got up early every morning, drove to the conference room, and had meetings all day long... as many of you have prolly realized, I have AD, so it's hard for me to stay

anyway, all day meetings, then back to the hotel for a quick shave, then off on a tour bus for a dinner at one of the many theme parks in the area...

First night was at a certain restaurant in a certain theme park that shall remain nameless... I originally had taken a picture of the food, but deleted it... not worth the time...

SECOND night, however, was at Universal in Orlando, and it was amazing... lots of great dishes, but between my photo skills, my blackberry as the sole means of capturing images, and everything else going on, I just saved this one image

mythos.jpg

The whole restuarant had this theme... The chefs did a great job with the food, and the interior was pretty interesting...

The next day, I went to the Orlando Park, which has some similarities to the San Diego park, but they had THIS in their Shark Encounter

I thought it was pretty neat

IMG00591.jpg

Third day was rainy, so I didn't see too much in between meetings...

The last day, we drove over to Tampa... I took some animal pictures, mainly for my son, but you can look, too...

IMG00606.jpg

IMG00613.jpg

IMG00610.jpg

IMG00608.jpg

I took a picture or two of some coasters... these are not fake name quality, mainly because I'm not fake name

IMG00604.jpg

I have another image, if anybody wants a PM... Paul has already seen it, and fixed the only thing in the image that I was having challenges with... I think that there is the difference between a GOOD image and a GREAT one... I mean; it had composition; theme;camera settings were just about perfect, but it didn't capture EXACTLY the right spirit... I sent it to Paul, and he fixed it!!! Sent it back to me right away... I sent him credit card number, and had the image made in to a wall sized poster the next day... I don't want to give away his trade secrets, but bottom line is: a good editor can make a good photographer even better... here's a hint: "sepia"... I mean; there may be more to it than that, but THAT was the only meaningful difference between his image and mine... oh and I was able to improve on his image a little bit, if you don't mind me saying so...

I liked the photo of the sea critters with topiary..... :clapping:

is that coaster @ Busch gardens?

i ask, b/c it looks familiar.

:clapping:...if it's the one i think it is, it's CRAZY!

yes, it is... hanging upside down with your feet dangling

yes, it is... hanging upside down with your feet dangling
i didn't know that was going to happen...then it STOPPED hanging us out there

waited, like, 15-20 seconds, and then WHOA!!! DEF worth the extra few bucks for FAST PASS thingie..nothing like the front row!

that park was kinda intriguing in it's mix of animals and rides...was hot as heck there when we went

:clapping:..side note, for some reason my son had the unemptyable bladder that day...but the restrooms were AC, so that was something! :lol: