Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

KLR tech day

Didnt copy the link, but for SD area KLR riders, that are not do-hickied...

www.leftcoastklrs.com (I think) is having an eaglemike tech day.

I can say from experience... if you havent done it, do it, or it will be done before you are done with it. Plus you can dig in to the beast, with a bunch of people around to help you put it back together... or laugh at you... probably both

3000 miles on my klr before it grenaded.

If that addy doesnt work, sorry.... did it from memory.

www.advrider.com and do a search for eagle mike, and it'll show up.

Yep they're having another one, this time down at Mike's shop. While it is not as pretty as Julian, he certainly does have more equipment and supplies there. Plus watching people go up the ramp is quite enjoyable :blink:

After having gone to several and doing my doo at my first one, I can say that even if you don't have a KLR it is worth your time to go and talk to a bunch of experienced riders and tool wrenchers.

If you do have a KLR, you shouldn't miss it.

The ramp:

Posted Image

If you take it at speed, don't forget to duck to get under the doorway. We almost lost a tall Marine that way.

If you walk the bike up under power, keep it straight. Don't stop. We had a couple of bikes slide off and wedge into the handrail.

It is a good time and a good event, and all are welcome.

Same day as the Desert Dash (Sat, Feb 24) :blink: My KLR needs a front shock rebuild in the worst way. Thinking of buying the 420 progressive rear shock and front spring kit that klr650.com has and putting in gold valves. Also thinking of raising links. Has anyone here done a suspension rebuild/upgrade for their klr?

My KLR650 06 is closing in on 3000 mi. Hi my name is Brian Bailey and I need would like to up date the balancer problem. Can I do it at the tech day? What parts do I need to order, is their a kit #. I have read the repair procedure. What do I do next? Thanks Brian 619 449-1451.

AMA

SDORC

SDAR

The doc

ride safe and have fun

My KLR650 06 is closing in on 3000 mi. Hi my name is Brian Bailey and I need would like to up date the balancer problem. Can I do it at the tech day? What parts do I need to order, is their a kit #. I have read the repair procedure. What do I do next? Thanks Brian 619 449-1451.

AMA

SDORC

SDAR

The doc

ride safe and have fun

You can order the parts here: Arrowhead Motorsports. Fred is legendary for his fast service.

Or if you show up for the tech day, Mike makes the parts and will have the tools. As you've seen in the procedures, there is a special tool required to pull the rotor. Mike's support is also legendary. I've seen him take calls while at Tech Day to assist people throughout the country with problems/questions on the procedure. If you are at the Tech Day, any number of people will be able to guide you through the installation, and they've not lost a bike yet.