Sign in to follow this  
Cheff

I got a new toy

I did it. I went out and bought my self a new toy. It is an 800 Volusia, which a friend from work was selling. He bought it and rode it for 5k miles, then let it sit for a year and a half. I took it last week to my training in LA, what a different bike. It is the first big cruiser I have owned. I have had other big bikes, but they were all standards or sport bikes. Man this cruiser is comfortable, it’s got freeway bars with pegs, floor boards a hypercharger and some really loud pipes. The more work I do to the XR the less street friendly it becomes. I have no trouble riding it on the street, and it rules the dirt now. But the freeways are no fun anymore. With the sprocket combo I put on it, it will redline at about 80 and it’s comfortable at 65-70. When I ride on the freeway I want a little room to play in case I need the extra power, and the XR is geared to low. This will be my work commuter. Now I can really get the XR in full dirt mode keeping the plate for the awesome dual sport rides. I will post some pics soon.