Is anybody doing this event in November? I'm wondering how you handle the logistics. How would you get back from Vegas to your vehicle in LA?

Guest KTMrad

There's always the hardcore way, to ride back to your vehicle !! There is someone who has a 15 passenger van that gives you a ride back for about $20 if you register with him early enough. I can find that info out for you if you want. Also, many people get a friend or their S.O. to drive their vehicle to Vegas to pick them up. Last year, I did it the really LONG way. I drove to Vegas to pick up my friend who lives there, then drove to the start in Lancaster and left my truck there. After the ride, he drove me to Lancaster with my bike to get my vehicle. Don't think I'll be doing that again.

Guest Guest

hmmmm...i actually wouldn't mind doing the ride in reverse to go home, but i'm not sure how game chris is for that. he's thinking about driving the van to a friend's house in vegas and then flying home....z

Guest Kevin

Or option 3, which is usually what i do every year. I truck my bike to Barstow, the ride the bike to the start in LA. Of course, you also would have to ride your bike from Vegas back to Barstow. But this way, you have you vehicle at a half way point just in case, and you only have a 3 hour ride from Vegas(there is some nice dirt shorcuts coming from Vegas).

I am doing it for sure. My wife will be waiting for me in Vegas, I will prob stay there a couple of days after the ride.

Guest JOSE

ISRAEL,IM INTERESTED TOO, LET ME KNOW WHEN IT GETS CLOSE I WOULD LIKE TO RIDE ALONG, WE CAN ARRANGE SOMETHING OUT AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT.THKSJOSE

Or option 3, which is usually what i do every year. I truck my bike to Barstow, the ride the bike to the start in LA.

this isn't too bad of an idea, but not ever having done this event, i wouldn't even know how to get to the start from barstow. maybe i'll give chris informal Utah citizenship so he can get a second wife who'll drive the van to vegas for us.

Sure thing Jose, I have another one of my buddies that is riding with me as well. The more the safer on a long trip like this one. I am exited, and it is still months away... I can’t wait!!!

Guest Kevin

Go to www.district37ama.org and click on Dual Sport and then Click on Event Calendar.

I have always done it the real fun way. I ride up to LA, ride to Barstow then to Vegas, and then ride back to San Diego. There are some good dirt roads on the way down to San Diego. So if anyone wants to do it that way let me know. Mark

Guest Kevin

I have always done it the real fun way. I ride up to LA, ride to Barstow then to Vegas, and then ride back to San Diego. There are some good dirt roads on the way down to San Diego. So if anyone wants to do it that way let me know. Mark

Mark, i did this exact trip on last years LA2BTOV. I rode my BMW650GS Dakar. What did you ride? I took the backroads through Amboy-it took 10 hours to get home!

You guys think a gs1100 will make it. I have a friend that would love to do the ride. He just got back from a trip to British Columbia. He went there and back in 8 days. He’s nuts.... But anyway a GS1100, you guys think it will make it?

Guest Kevin

You guys think a gs1100 will make it. I have a friend that would love to do the ride. He just got back from a trip to British Columbia. He went there and back in 8 days. He’s nuts.... But anyway a GS1100, you guys think it will make it?

Yes, every year there a some people on the big GS's. Last year, there were alot of KTM 950 Adventure. There are always easy bails if the going gets tough. This ride ususally isnt difficult, its just the SAND that gets ya!

Guest Guest_Roxus

Last year we did the Mojave Trail, through to the dry lake bed ( Soda Lake ? ) and then leapt over to the freeway, which was still bumper to bumper until Barstow.We'll be doing the B2V again this year, though I don't know whether out SO's will be taking the truck (in which case, we usually don't come home until Monday to avoid the traffic) or we'll be riding the whole thing (which can be painful on my DRZ-400S - the seat SUX)