Sign in to follow this  
Dirtdiver

11/27-28 LA-Barstow-Vegas

All,

I am going to do this ride for the first time. I will leave for Palmdale on Thanksgiving day and then return to SD on that Sunday. I will be doing a combo of the normal route and the adventure Bike route on my 990. Anyone interested? I have sent in my check and will be going regardless. I will be riding my bike RT from SD back to SD.

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4978

steve

I rode Barstow to Vegas last year. This is an incredible dual sport event. It was very fun. I might do the Barstow to Vegas leg again this year.

I rode Barstow to Vegas last year. This is an incredible dual sport event. It was very fun. I might do the Barstow to Vegas leg again this year.

Let me know if you end up going. What would you ride?

Let me know if you end up going. What would you ride?

I am still on the fence, depending on how work goes. One of my riding partners from last year is in and the other is undecided. I would ride my plated 02 KTM 400 EXC on the Barstow to Vegas route on Saturday. If I go, we should consider carpooling from San Diego to Barstow.

If I go, we should consider carpooling from San Diego to Barstow.

Pretty sure Steve is planning on riding up/riding the complete LA-B-V/riding back......nice! :dirol:

If I go, we should consider carpooling from San Diego to Barstow.

Pretty sure Steve is planning on riding up/riding the complete LA-B-V/riding back......nice! :)

Yep, I am riding both ways on my 990. Sorry this is such a late reply, I am random in my online participation. steve

Anyone interested?

I'm riding up to Vegas from Bull Head City on Sat - See you at the Orleans!

May see you in Sandy Valley on Sat......Keith from D37 came up with a good idea....

Try to get to Sandy Valley for lunch Chris.

Suppose I could explore Searchlight/Lake Mojave area on the way back down to Bullhead City on Sunday morning rather than on the way up to Lost Wages on Saturday :lol::lol: ........so maybe I'll see you in Sandy if I can get an early enough start from BullHead City on Saturday morning (I'm already in trouble for bailing on Sat/Sun so I might as well "go big" and push the limits with the ALL DAY Sat. hall pass :):) ).....maybe I'll take Mojave Rd. over to Lanfair.....jump on Ivanpah and gun it north.... then hammer along the roalroad tracks past Moore/Nipton to Primm.....fill up in Primm, and cut over to Sandy Valley......hmmm.....I feel an alternate plan coming together........very familar with that turf since I was just out there goofing around last weekend......after all, it's been a whole week since I last rode through Red Rock Canyon. ;):)

May see you in Sandy Valley on Sat......Keith from D37 came up with a good idea....
Try to get to Sandy Valley for lunch Chris.

Crawdaddy, Is Sand Valley the creepiest town you have ridden through? I think it was creepier than the town of Painted Gorge. But riding into Sandy Valley from the desert is beautiful. It just opens up. If I make it up, I want helmet cam footage of that.

Crawdaddy, Is Sand Valley the creepiest town you have ridden through? I think it was creepier than the town of Painted Gorge. But riding into Sandy Valley from the desert is beautiful. It just opens up. If I make it up, I want helmet cam footage of that.

Johannesberg Is Creepy - Sandy Valley is much nicer , especially if you own a small plane and taxi to to your doorstep

Here are the award winners from LA – B to V:

Oldest motorcycle: 1954 BSA Gold Star, Terry Pratt, Westminster, CA. (National Advertising Sales Manager for Cycle News)

Oldest Participant: 83 years old, Cal Bottum, Coalinga, CA.

Hard Luck Award: Ted Cassel, Englewood, Ohio. His van broke a radiator on Thanksgiving Day about 60 miles from the start and he had it towed to the start to make the ride.

Smallest motorcycle: 2008 KTM 105cc of Fred Tervet, Chandler, AZ

Most unusual motorcycle: 1973 Yamaha CT3 175cc of Keith Falerios, Santa Margarita, CA

Rider coming from the longest distance from within the USA: Eric Vukmirovich, New York, NY.

International award for the rider coming from the longest distance outside of the USA: Andrew Clubb, Brookvale, NSW, Australia.

Ben Gay award (injury): John Murphy, Las Vegas, NV.

Not sure how many entrants........probably somewhere around ~350

Trip Report Thread on ADV Rider: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529206