Marbee40

The perfect job?

Whew. So here it is. Moving back to Alaska after almost 20 years of traveling the earth on YOUR tax dollars. During this little adventure at your expense, I've been to more countries and wheeled every type of motored transport I could get my little hands on. I've got a little work done along the way, but mostly just had FUN! Well, that little free-ride party is about to come to a close and I don't think I want it to end!

I've got a background in construction, specifically operating engineer and management, so I'll always be able to earn an income, especially up North. BUT....that type of work isn't exactly soul source material, so I've decided to look into what's written in the topic description above. BTW, it's YOUR fault for showing me that tour outfit up in Anchorage, so blame yourselves.

Yes, I've been leading military folks on little adventures all this time. From rounding up 2-dozen stock trucks to attack the John Bull trail in 89, to guiding folks on glaciers in Iceland, I've found that I have a knack for suckering clear-thinking people into leaving the safety of home to see the world! Most of you SDAR folks know EXACTLY what I'm talking about....just take a look thru this forum and you'll see it on every other post!

I have a bajillion questions. I'm meeting with an employee for Alaska Rider Tours over the holiday break and I'm sure I'll get the straight scoop, but I was hoping you could collectively get me on the right track. Don't be shy, yank off the gloves and give it to me straight. I know some of you have even taken these types of tours and I could use your insight.

I've always been successful with things I was passionate about, so I'm sure that I'll do fine here. BUT, I can't even seem to get this resume started past the objective part! HELP!

If any of you don't want to post on the thread, PLEASE PM me as I could really use your experience.

Thanks,

Hey Marbee, I sent you a PM about your post. Wondering if you got it ?