Sign in to follow this  
karlaeda

Saturday, July 11th

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see if anybody would care to join me for some easy going offroad riding in and around Corral Canyon OHV area. I heard it was pretty good. I am not very familiar with the territory here yet and will be taking the DRZ out for the first time. Will be going slowly and carefully while getting used to the bike and the road-

Would not be too comfortable to go by myself, so may be somebody with very beginner skill set also wants to join me or anybody else for that matter!

I live in Mira Mesa and planning to leave at around 8:00am. Let me know if you want to tag along- thanks!

-George

I might ride. You have to go early because it gets hot. I went last week and only saw a few people on the trail. They were all going the same direction I was going so no close calls. Started at Pine valley and took the trail to Coral Canyon. From there I took trail 1 to the gravel road. I quit after that. I think trails were Blue or intermediate. There is a few tricky spots so if you are new ware your pads because good chance of falling. I gas up in Pine Valley before getting on the trail. I have a red Honda with back pack saddle bags. Hope to leave here by 7 so will be gassing up 7;45 or so. Only one place to gas up in Pine Valley. I check here before I leave. Probably ride 8 to 11 Then the beach or the bay.

There can be some difficult areas @ corral canyon. As long as you stay on the double wide trails you should be fine. It was only in the high 80s around buckman springs rd today at noon-4, so temps should be fine. remember to bring water. have fun.

I might ride. You have to go early because it gets hot. I went last week and only saw a few people on the trail. They were all going the same direction I was going so no close calls. Started at Pine valley and took the trail to Coral Canyon. From there I took trail 1 to the gravel road. I quit after that. I think trails were Blue or intermediate. There is a few tricky spots so if you are new ware your pads because good chance of falling. I gas up in Pine Valley before getting on the trail. I have a red Honda with back pack saddle bags. Hope to leave here by 7 so will be gassing up 7;45 or so. Only one place to gas up in Pine Valley. I check here before I leave. Probably ride 8 to 11 Then the beach or the bay.

Ed- I'm having some problems getting a trailer from mah buddy tomorrow that early. I think I will end up doing some street riding on the bike and head towards Bear Valley later as somebody suggested instead. Feel free to call me up at 619-392-0090 to discuss this-

Thanks,

George