Sign in to follow this  
husky4me

07 TE610

If it's built anything like your bike Martin, I think I'll take a look. Does it come with a usable tank and more than a slice of cardboard to sit on?

I heard really good things about the TE610... The price is about 7K but they don't add all those extra $ like Jap bikes (you know how they always try to add all these stuff like shipping, set up fees etc..), I think dealers usually only charge about $300.00 for set up.. Really good components and six speeds... This is a more road oriented than the TE450 and TE510 which are more enduro racers and have short tranny six speeds (like mine).. Complaints are the high seat, and not too comfortable seat for longer rides (complain that I have on mine)... The website mentions that they made improvements on the seat.. It is not clear if the new fuel injected model will be ready for U.S. market for 07 (they may start in Europe)... I'll check with the local dealer GP in San Diego next week.. I want to check it out for me, although, I'm thinking about a more road oriented second bike for me, since I alreay have the dirt oriented TE450 (which is a great bike supper fun!!)... I also want to check out the new G650 X from BMW which seems to be more like the TE610, but has one less speed (five speeds), more proven fuel injected 650 rotax motor, who knows how comfortable for longer rides (if it has a good level of comfort, I may take it)... Oh, I fogot, the stock gas tank is only about 3.7 gal, but IMS is coming out with a big tank for this bike (not sure how many gallons)... I have seen some post about bad experiences with IMS, but mine has been good so far... Husky bikes are good looking and amazingly fun!! I'm hoping reliability is good since they are high performance engines (Honda's XR650L are super reliable as I understand). The seat on my TE450 is not as bad as my old 02 KTM 300 EXC which was like a brick... but on long road rides I do get very tired... However, my TE450 is short stroke and acts more like a two stroke which makes it a lot of fun on the desert (with the power more linear, no surprises).... This guy bigdogadventures.com (Mark) loves his TE610, he has taken multiple long trips with no technical issue with exception of making a small whole on his motor with a rock in a difficult rocky trail down in Mexico (they don't come with skid plate, that's something is good to have), but he put potty and kept on riding without incident.... :D I plan to wait until April or May to check out all the new models coming up...