Sign in to follow this  
fester

Last Minute Ride Anza Borrego - March 8, 9AM

I'm hooking up with BAGSTR from advrider.com and heading out to Tamarisk Grove at 9am for a ride. Anyone want to join us? I haven't been these parts for years so I'm looking to have a good time and explore.

The proposed loop (as noted on advrider.com):

Pinyon Wash dead end south off Hwy 78 just before the Narrows (not to be confused with Pinyon Mtn trail to Fish Creek) This will give us a view of the Pinyon Mtns from the north.

Old Borrego Valley Rd (north off Hwy 78 to Borrego Springs Rd.)

San Felipe Wash (jump off Borrego Springs) north toward Sink Wash. Direct east to the Cut Across Trail.

Catch Fault Wash north to Vista del Malpais for a great view of the route just travelled. Connect to Thimble Trail to S-22 eastbound.

Inspiration Wash south to the landfill. At this point, we can decide if we want to connect south via the Borrego Sink W, San Felipe W and Buttes Pass Rd to Hwy 78..Or travel on the slab through Borrego Springs for gas and chow then up Montezuma Grade to Old Culp Valley/Jasper/Grapevine.

Either way, we return to Tamarisk Grove with it's facilities. No, the rangers don't care that we use the plumbing when parked outside.

Tamarisk Gr is nice because we can decide to rotate the loop clockwise or counter clockw, plus there is some supervision of the trucks (if you trucked) while we are on the trail.

All are welcome to join the fun, but be prepared for deep sand. If this is your first visit to the borrego, this ride could be challenging and a trial. (Deep sand in places, no big drops or rock steps) No one gets left behind and a good time is guaranteed, or you money back.

I will be trailering through Julian so as to enjoy a cup of Mocha Java and pretend to be a local (0800) next to the gas at the southend of town. Expect to arrive Tamarisk approx 0900.****Sunday****

Marc