Sign in to follow this  
sdklr650

is this anyone from this site?

Dude, awesome! Thanks for the link. No clue on who. Me, in my dreams! B)

Guest Guest

wow what a ride , thanks for shareing it with us .....Im jealous :P

Hi there.

New to the site but have been cruising it for a while.

I live in Mira Mesa and ride a KLR and have learned a lot from the ADV and KLR sites and through them met the rider in question.

I believe his name is Jim and he used to go by the handle "Rancho De Weerdo" on the KLR650.net site. I met him at one of the KLR tech days. He seems like a very nice guy and probable should be at the next one on Nov. 18th in Julian.

Hope this helps, I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. :ph34r:

sdmike

Thanx for the info, i also will be at that tech day will be looking for you guys!I would love to see a map of that ride

thanx,Jay

Don't personally know the guy, but my wife knows his wife thru the local PTA. Their "rancho" is just down the road from where I live - between San Diego Country Estates and Ramona on Vista Ramona.

Hi, Mike told me about this thread at the last Julian Tech Day.

Thanks for the kind words.

Without false modesty, let me state that the rides I've seen on this site far exceed anything I ran into up north as far as technical difficulty. I'd like to join you for some of them. First, though, I'm going to add a skid plate. :)

The Dempster is actually (with a few documented exceptions) rather well-mannered, and if the surface is dry, almost as hard as pavement. On the return to Dawson and with the knowledge that I had enough gasoline to make it, I hit speeds between 60 and 65 mph.

As Bruce noted, I live near Packard's in Ramona. Hi, Bruce, you're right about our wives and PTA. I've seen you go by the house a few times. Are you in Ryland?

Jim