Sign in to follow this  
ShocknAwe

Painted Gorge - 12/27/2008

xxxinsd, Brian, Rachael, and ShocknAwe rode Painted Gorge on 12/27/08. The weather and desert terrain were perfect. We separated for a while in the mountains. The VX170 radios brought us back together in the town of Painted Gorge, a psychedelic community in the middle of nowhere (can u say "creepy"). We rode hill climbs, berms, pole line roads, trails, washes, and mud puddles. I took xxxinsd's son off the beaten path a few times into narrow crossings, valleys, ruts, and rocks. xxxinsd fixed Brian's flat on the trail. I supervised (yah right); Rachael photographed. Great ride - want to do it again soon.

Pics: http://web.me.com/rachaelsmithey/Motorcycl...erCity2008.html

Videos:

Berm (5 seconds)

ShocknAwe going up big hill (26 seconds)

Shock going down big hill (19 seconds)

xxxinsd and son going up big hill (17 seconds)

xxxinsd and son going down big hill (15 seconds)

Stall and spin (42 seconds)

Shock loves mud (1:20)

Painted Gorge - unedited (8:57)

Paul- I'm sure these videos are great... thanks for posting them... but... B) ... I'll just assume they are great...

Paul- I'm sure these videos are great... thanks for posting them... but... :unsure: ... I'll just assume they are great...

It is of no coincidence that the average length of the videos (other than the "unedited" one) is 29.1 seconds (all attention-span friendly). The quality would be better with the designated videographer/tailgater/bikeslutter.