Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Phill

Old guy ride: Tues or Wed

I'd like to hit some of the dirt roads between Pamo Valley, Southerland & Mesa Grande on Tues. or Wed. Been around there a bit and the interior looks interesting from Google Earth. Starting at Ramona around 9AM.

I'm on a KLR and don't want to be out there alone when I drop the beast. If necessary I'll go alone and test the SPOT tracker!

Phill

I dont know what old means, but i am slow. I could tag along on Weds. if no last min. meeting pop up..

I used to ride the klr650, but it was smashed between 2 cars...

I dont know what old means, but i am slow. I could tag along on Weds. if no last min. meeting pop up..

I used to ride the klr650, but it was smashed between 2 cars...

I need to go on Wednesday. KLR gets new turn signals due to the recall.

Looking at meeting at McDonalds in Ramona at 9AM. Then heading up Pamo Valley and cutting across on the Santa Ysable Road to Black Canyon to Mesa Grande. Perhaps a side trip up toward Black Mtn. I've been partway through Santa Ysable Road, but never went all the way through. Ride should not be too tough, all roads are suitable for FWD vehicles.

Google Map Here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=google%20map...sa=N&tab=wl

Phill

Sorry Phill i want to go, but Panasonic showed up this week and i have to work with them.

I have to pass again.

I will be off the whole week of thanksgiving and have no plans as of yet.

Phill,

The gates are locked for Black & SYTT :lol: but you can get around the Santa Ysabel gates. A good ride is up to the end of Pamo Rd. after the dip, go right 10 miles to the end of Lusardi, explore rock cabins and back. Or check out Lake Sutherland on the east end of SYTT, just south of where you pop up onto Black Cyn Rd., east of the bridge. Nice views. Watch out for the washed out areas and sand on SYTT. It's passable, but just barely. :lol: Black Cyn. goes thru to Schwinn's Hideout for a burger and beer, just go left at the north tee at Mesa Grande and follow the asphalt over the ridge and down to Lake Henshaw.

Have fun. :D