Sign in to follow this  
Yeti

I Figured Out Why I Like Dirt Bikes So Much

I just went out to grab my mail. The girl across the street who is 8 was playing with a friend of hers. They were both on their bikes chasing each other around her front yard. The were laughing a squealing with their peals of laughter rolling across the neighborhood. Watching them, I realized they were just having so much fun, the kind of fun that only kids can have. Or so I thought until I contemplated it a bit more . . .

I realized that dirt bikes are that kind of fun for me now. When I'm out riding with my friends it's like I'm 8 again. Sure it can be physically tough sometimes, but that is part of the fun now. Watching the two girls, I remember the end of my ride last weekend. The three of us had ridden from Pine Valley over to Corral Canyon and back.

On the way back, as we hit the Pine Valley trail, the ride turned into one big fun game. We raced each other, laughing into our Chatterboxes when we'd stuff one another in a corner or we'd fly past each other on the straights. We laughed into our Chatterboxes each time we'd roost each other off the berms. And, most importantly, when we got back to the trucks and took off our helmets, we looked at each other and just laughed. We laughed because we'd just spent the past however many hours riding with our friends, having tough times and fun times, but ultimately because we had just, as grown men with jobs, families and responsibilities, gone out and played.

I can't wait to go play again.

Oh GROW UP!

or not! B)

I'm right there with ya!

I have to get old.

I don't have to grow up. :D

I can't wait to go again, either. That was a fun day, even though I gave you some tough love at 4 corners! Good post, Scotty.