Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

lowering DR 650 seat

Hi all,

I have a question to DR 650 owners. Do you guys know how to change DR's seat height to lower position, or may be, you can recommend an information source explaining tricks and details of that.

I got a general ideas, such as, to move one of the rear linkage bolts in to an optional hole, and to drop front about 1.5" by moving the clamp. But, I do not want to mess with it until I'm sure about everything.

Thanks for any advices and happy trails to all :D

papaalex ;)

Alex,

The DR is designed to be lowered. The back is lowered, like you said, by using the other holes in the link. The front is lowered by rearranging some pieces on the fork tubes. This procedure is outlined in the service manual or you can take it to a dealer and have them do it for you. I suppose you could just raise the forks in the triple clamps but since Suzuki went to the trouble to design the forks to do it right, I recommend you do it right. I haven't lowered mine so I can't talk you through the procedure but it can't be too tough. I think you can find downloadable service manuals on the ADVRider site.

Good luck

Andy

I think you can buy a Kouba Link which will lower the rear without affecting the suspension travel?????Kev