Sign in to follow this  
ShocknAwe

Pine Valley in the Rain

I took my neighbor on her second ride through Pine Valley. Our goal was to stay on the fire road until we got to Kernan Trail. Unfortunately, neither of us knows where the Kernan Trail is, so we ended up driving in circles. It was a perfect day though so it was fun. As you can see from the pictures, I like driving through mud puddles. So we got over to Corral Canyon by street and upon entrance to Morena Stokes road we had front row seats for a jeep crash. There were about six jeeps flying down the road and one lost control. I predicted the accident about seven seconds before it happened. No one was hurt. It took about six guys to push the jeep over.

We took the SDAR trail up to 4 Corners and actually bumped into a guy who I rode Baja with a few months ago. We found my nemesis at CC, a steep section of boulders. This was the same section that stumped me alone at night a month ago. I tried it once and didn't make it, but maybe will try again Monday w/Bikeslut et al. See pics of this technical section below.

Overall, the day was perfect with the rain, temperature, lack of dust, # of riders, etc. and was really fun.

ShocknAwe

post-5435-1220303922_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303939_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303950_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303962_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303970_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303975_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303981_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220303990_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220304001_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1220304009_thumb.jpg

Paul...

The section of trail you are talking about is not tough.... unless you are going too slow.

You lose the gyroscopic effect of your wheels, and lose all momentum when you hit a rock head on...

We will stop there on Monday... and have a short practice section...

but for now; speed up... that will probably take care of it... no abrupt throttle or braking, and just roll right over them... we're not riding mountain bikes here... 12 inches of travel, 500 pounds of momentum, and 21" front wheels let us get through a lot... and keep your feet on the pegs... as soon as you throw a foot over to the side, you lose momentum

Paul...

The section of trail you are talking about is not tough.... unless you are going too slow.

You lose the gyroscopic effect of your wheels, and lose all momentum when you hit a rock head on...

I have great photos of the section (if I could only post them). It is off the #1 trail about .5 mile from Four Corners. It is unmistakable once you have been there. You need momentum to get up it, but the trail doesn't easily give room for building momemtum. My confidence isn't there yet for that level of difficulty, but maybe I can watch u and follow.