Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Lark Saturday Morning

Sorry no photos. I rode Lark today with a friend. The drive out on the 8 got a little nasty. It rained hard from Alpine to probably Kitchen Creek, then it let up. We arrived at McCain at about 9am, it was 69 degrees and semi clear patch of sky was above. We rode everything at least 2 or 3 times. It was killer. Wet enough to keep the dust down and keep things sticky. Real fun in the twisty sections. The bikes were hooking up in the wet soil. It's sooo nice riding without dust.

It started progressively raining harder and harder as the day progressed, but not too bad. I think we only saw 3 people on the trails. 2 guys on a KTM and a KLK 400, then a guy on a quad :ph34r: in the tight single track. We left at about 12:30. When we were leaving there were probably 4 or 5 groups of people. Great day on the trails. That place is pretty fun.

I need to get something for my goggles when riding in the rain. It was really humid and of course raining. My goggles were fogging up and getting so much water on them I couldn't see. It forced me to ride without them during the sprinkles. It would be nice to have one of those products that sheets the water from your lenses.