ShocknAwe

Sunday Morning Novice Ride - 8/24/08

closer to boulevard(sic)

yeah; the whole FAM damily has fun there... but... that was last week... corral on Monday is the ride this week... and the family can still come... there are some easier trails

So... Lark Canyon is near Jacumba?

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Lark+Can...282654&z=10

And this ride is kid friendly, so if I bring my daughter with her 80cc and my son with his 50cc, and my Husky 610 (mom and the Rhino will have to stay home, we need a bigger trailer), we can all have fun and meets some peeps?

Corral Canyon at the 4 Corners staging area has some fire roads where you could probably take your son with his 50cc. You could probably take your daughter on the 80cc to Corral Canyon at the Pine Valley staging area. I'd say the best thing would be to go take a look at the trails yourself and decide whether they're suitable for your kids.

What worries me about taking kids to Corral Canyon is that sometimes there are riders testing the limits of their bikes and they seem to forget there might be oncoming traffic. I still take my son there, but I try to go when it isn't too crowded. I took my son to 4 Corners last Friday afternoon and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We saw some 4-WD Jeeps on the trail and someone with some quads pulling in as we were leaving. It's been pretty deserted even on weekends all this month, but I guess that'll change as the weather cools.

We're going again this Sunday (4 Corners) if you'd like to meet us there. My son is 12 and he's graduating from his 80cc to a 125cc.

Post it here or send me a PM if you're interested.

Gene

+1 on what Gene just said.

If the kids are fairly young, Corral Canyon can be a bit hazardous with all the blind corners and the fact that some people are not very careful. The perimeter fire road is fine, but I would be concerned over any of the interior trails.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

They're jonesing to get out again. And I'm too busy/lazy to put a new rear on yet (the rear knobbly is down to the wear bars after commuting on it to work to finish it off. :) Value for $$, I say! LOL)

I'll talk to SWMBO and my teen and see if they're OK with not coming...