Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Paging Tool Time - 2000 KLR 650 for less than $3K

NO!!!! Here's the ultimate Adventure Machine!!!!

Adventure Bike with Trailer

Custom Moped/ w trailer (sound system and barbecue) - $1750 (Craig/decatur)

Reply to: sale-788970073@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-08-08, 4:49PM PDT

This is "THE MOST UNIQUE" peice you'll see on craigslist

This is a 2004 Eton Beamer. 49cc model- which means it goes 30mph. But it will do that up hill with 2 people riding and pulling the trailer all at once. Has plenty of power. Looks Great!!! I can gaurantee its a 1 of a kind. Its made for cruising not racing. Totally street legal. Custom paint , trailer, barbeque, and sound system.

Description---- Moped ---has custom bright yellow "SUNBURST" paint w/ black trim and seat. Has 2 dome tweeters and a mounted trickle charger. Has a custom fabricated swivel hitch with a 2 inch ball for attaching trailer. And a special order 9 way trailer plug for attaching the electrical to trailer. ----Trailer---- is completely custom built from metal, paint and the misc. Has a sound box that includes: a 12" comp 12 kicker subwoofer a -Jensen 340 watt single channel mono amp to push it. 2 V.R. 200 watt 3 way 6x9s- a generic cd player- a full size antenna- In the rear of the box is a multi functioning L.E.D. light which does turn/brake and running lights. --Has a keyed hasp/lock for box. And a full size car battery to power it all up. Also on trailer is a mounted trickle charger and a completly custom wiring harness w/ special order plugs and wrap. To top it all off there is a full size two chamber smoker barbeque that hasnt ever been used. It is easily removed if needed or if someone wants to use space for cargo instead. I am asking a fair price and am willing to consider all bids. Both the trailer and moped have some scratches on the paint since its been a little over a year since i had painted them. Any questions feel free to ask. And The moped has about 3400 miles on it runs real good but a cold starter if she isnt ran every day.----Theres room enough for a 12 pack cans, couple packs of brawtz and bag of ice under seat if any one wants to use as a tailgater.

01150001161101030720080lk6.jpg

01150801030201040420080gi2.jpg

01020801030201040320080ba5.jpg

01150801020301030320080ks9.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I have thought long, and hard about getting another bike. I have looked at the BMW, KLR, and KTM, I have decided, once again, the 650L is the right bike for me. Last year I rode from Carlsbad to O.W. 3 times, with at least 100 extra pounds of gear strapped to my bike, when I arived I could remove all my luggage in about 5 minutes, then my bike was back to its light weight, race mode, and I could roost. last mont I went to Quatro Casas with some friends on a surf trip, 100+ pounds and my surfboard. Once there and unloaded I had a bike that rocked. We had a realy fun+fast trail ride to town. The other 3 bikes may be better on the freeway,I want a bike that rocks in the dirt. ;)

Some people are mad because I compare bikes. Sorry :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxwjkJqGrXY

Craig. :D

I have decided, once again, the 650L is the right bike for me.

Fair enough.....I just threw up those KLR's because I thought you might be in the market for one based on your various posts.....I've been keeping an eye out for you while also scouring the classifieds/teasing myself looking at various/used KTM 950 bikes so I can understand the market (not that I'm anywhere near having the required coin for one......yet)

Pretty sure my EXC 400 will be sold tonight.....I'm taking it to work and meeting a couple that's VERY interested (He rides a 01 520 and is looking to pick up my 02 400 for his wife......same parts/plastics......same scenario I had with my son).....I'll miss that bike......lot's of good memories for me and my son :(;)

Reducing the price on my Superhawk....

Also selling full track/perforated leathers and track boots (once the Hawk is gone).....tracks days are behind me.....Adventures await me

I have thought long, and hard about getting another bike. I have looked at the BMW, KLR, and KTM, I have decided, once again, the 650L is the right bike for me. Last year I rode from Carlsbad to O.W. 3 times, with at least 100 extra pounds of gear strapped to my bike, when I arived I could remove all my luggage in about 5 minutes, then my bike was back to its light weight, race mode, and I could roost. last mont I went to Quatro Casas with some friends on a surf trip, 100+ pounds and my surfboard. Once there and unloaded I had a bike that rocked. We had a realy fun+fast trail ride to town. The other 3 bikes may be better on the freeway,I want a bike that rocks in the dirt. -_-

Some people are mad because I compare bikes. Sorry :D

Craig. :D

Hey Craig,

Since you love the XRL so much, and are looking for something that will handle a little more street like the KLR, why not buy an XRL with KLR-like equipment (fairing, rack, etc). It's called the NX650:

1989nx650009smxy5.jpg

Someone has one for sale in Santa Cruz right now (asking $2500).

1989 Honda NX650 Dual Sport - $2500

Same motor as your XRL, but more accessories. There's some good discussion in the above thread about what these bikes are.

It's older, but it only 26,000 miles - barely broken in for the XRL motor and it looks really clean for an older bike. Plus, you'd be the only kid on the block with one!!!