Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Baja-Surf-Ride-Skate-Beach-Run, lets go next week.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

The plan, is to leave Carlsbad around 4:00 and head south down the coast to Point Loma, then jump on the freeway to the boarder. From there we will ride the toll road to Rosarito. We should hit Rosarito and have Dinner (My wife loves El Nido) but there are lots of other places like (Calafia) were we can eat on a cliff above the ocean, or puerto Nuevo which I also like.

We plan to spend Friday night at ROBERTS K38 MOTEL cel.(310)6134263 or 0115266140403

Roberts is located, on the beach, a little North of K38. Roberts Hotel caters to surfers, is gated, and a safe place to stay. The beach has a rock reef, wich on the right swell, creates a fast breaking right hand wave, that is a challenge to surf. Further South is, the point break of K38, which is a slower, but very fun wave.

I plan to surf, Saturday morning, then head south, on the FREE road to Ensenada, from there we will head to Quatro Casas Hostel, I cant find the number, but will post it later. When we arive at Quatro casas we will, unload our gear, take a break, eat lunch, then head South to Cabo San Quintin, This will be a fun ride up the beach, on a fire road that is part of the Baja 1000 race coarse. On this road we will pass many surf spots, fishing camps, and Shipwrecks.

From San Quintin we plan to venture out to this great, uncrowded, right, sand-bottom, wrap- around pointbreak (actually. two pointbreaks.) Difficult access and a long drive out to the points , but that's what makes it great. That and the offshores that blow into the face of the waves as they wrap around the point into the bay at Punta entrada.

We also want to ride to the Old Mill Hotel (if time permits) It is on the bay, and is popular with the fishing and dirt bike crowds. It's a nice place to relax with an open courtyard facing the bay, valcanoes and spectacular sunsets.

Then we will head back to Quatro Cassas on D1. In the morning I plan to surf, eat breakfast at the Hostel. Then ride home, leaving around 11:00 so we will be in Ensenada for lunch at around 1:00 After lunch we will take the FREE road to the boarder. Here is when you will love being on your bike (we split lanes all, all the way to te front of the line) I get from Rosarito-PB. in an hour,

Well thats our plan, this will be a slow paced ride, and being a surfer is not important. On our last ride to Quatro Casas, Steve Mckellar had so much fun he almost forgot about surfing, untill the big swells, arrived, and everybody left him on the beach, to surf. :lol:

Craig.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just came home from a friends house, who told me how good the wave can get, at the Point of SanQuintin, he says it's epic, It faces perfectly South, And picks up all south swells. :lol: I guess we will bring our boards :lol:

Looks like we will get some waves. I will keep you posted. :)

Beyond that; we may see a modest run of Southern Hemi swell - SW (210-220) and SSE (160-170) around Aug 19th-22nd. Stay posted as the storms that could produce these swells are just starting to set up...

Our next forecast update here will be Wednesday evening at 6 PM.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just, finished talking to Steve Mckellar(he is in) And he was telling, our other friend, Scott, about how much fun, he had on our last trip. Scott is now looking for, a dual sport bike, to ride with us :lol:

SDAR goes HARD CORE! :)

Check out this photo of Scott, Surfing a 60' wave at Todos Santos. Heart Attack Hill, Ha, Ha, :lol::lol:

Scott used to ride and race MX, but said it was dangerouse. :lol:

SMHbigsurfSCOTT2_1_.bmp

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This is the latest surf report for Baja Norte. (Swells focusing on the area North of Ensenada.)

Swell: Increasing storm activity in the NPAC lately has begun to send some early season NW groundswell our way for the end of the workweek into the weekend.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ride canceled, do to lack of surf.

FRIDAY: Slow fade in NW windswell and old SW swell as new NW groundswell pulse shows; surf is knee-waist-chest high zone, biggest late.

Winds: Light early, WNW to 10kts for the afternoon.

SATURDAY: NW swell eases, small mix of SW and SE pulses for mainly knee-waist+ waves.

Winds: Light early, WNW 10-14kts in the afternoon

Guest Hammerin Hammon

The latest forcast, for northern Baja.

Further out; a new and bigger SSE groundswell (165-180) will fill in Tues/Wed, but most locations will miss this swell due to the angle. Only select exposures may pull in sets up to waist-chest high and peak over Wednesday night Sept 3rd with possibly head high surf showing at the standout spots before nightfall. This energy will hold into Thursday morning Sept 4th as a new and better angled South swell (180-185) starts to show.

Beyond that; charts/models indicate that back to back pulses of good S/SW swells will follow through the end of next week and beyond. Basically, there will be plenty of waves rolling through over the first half of September. Stay posted as things unfold.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

NPAC Swell: NW windswell will stay minimal on Saturday. Then a steep angled NW combo swell (>300) will rise up on Sunday and sweep the better exposures with 2-4' surf by the afternoon. Monday will continue to see 3-4'+ sets at the standout NW breaks before this energy backs down through the night and into Tuesday morning with 1-3' leftovers.

However; a solid and better angled SSW groundswell (195-205) will fill in over Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and peak late Wednesday and Thursday Sept 3rd/4th with a dose of waist-head high surf at the better spots of the region, standout breaks overhead on occasion on Thursday. This SSW energy will provide plenty of waves through the end of next week as it slowly fades. Beyond that; a bigger SW groundswell lines up for the week of Sept 8th-11th, stay posted

so Monday morning then? or glass off on Sun?

i saw a weather report said was gonna cool off on Monday, then back to "normal"

mid 80-90 inland.....

surfing def in the plans i suppose...

you do local morning surfs? (*local to you is C'Bad....correct? i am more SD airport area....but mobile....) i freq. the NC reefs, and such...

we should get a few together, although might be feeling the flat spell in the wetsuit.... :huh:

welp off to couchtown, and some DVR stuff....you know, supporting Ben&Jerry.... :lol:

Blind B)

NPAC Swell: NW windswell will stay minimal on Saturday. Then a steep angled NW combo swell (>300) will rise up on Sunday and sweep the better exposures with 2-4' surf by the afternoon. Monday will continue to see 3-4'+ sets at the standout NW breaks before this energy backs down through the night and into Tuesday morning with 1-3' leftovers.

However; a solid and better angled SSW groundswell (195-205) will fill in over Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and peak late Wednesday and Thursday Sept 3rd/4th with a dose of waist-head high surf at the better spots of the region, standout breaks overhead on occasion on Thursday. This SSW energy will provide plenty of waves through the end of next week as it slowly fades. Beyond that; a bigger SW groundswell lines up for the week of Sept 8th-11th, stay posted

I see that you have a surfboard on you motorcycle. Do you detach the bike when you use the surfboard in the water?