Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

2-3 day easy trip to Quatro Casas, to camp and surf

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This is a short easy ride with a safe place to surf and camp.

Her is the forcasted surf for the days I plan to be there and a discription of were I plan to be.

Even further out, it looks like a better S swell (180-190) will build in by next Sunday and Monday the 20th-21st (likely even building over the afternoon hours on Saturday). This storm is just now starting to pull together so look for further updates in the next couple days. If it behaves as currently forecast, it looks like chest-shoulder-head high surf could show at the better S-exposed spots. Standout spots could see some larger sets pushing into the overhead range. Stay tuned, we’ll have more details as the storm actually pulls together.

Wave Information for Surfing Quatro Casas

Alternative Name:

Skill Level: Beginner to pro

Best Season: Summer and Fal

Crowds: It gets crowded, especially when it gets good

Locals: This is not a local spot

Hazards: Sharp rocks

Wave Description

Wave Type: Right point

Wave Direction: Calafia breaks best on Southeast swells, worth checking on a big North

Best Surf: Head high to double overhead

Power: Fast and powerful

Wave consistency: Regular consistency

Bottom Type: Sand

Tides and Swell

Best Tide: High tide

Wind Direction: North and Northwest

Best Swell Direction: Calafia breaks best on Southeast swells, worth checking on a big North

Surfing Cuatro Casas

Quatro Casas is probably the most well known break in the area. Cuatro Casas is a good Right-hand point reef break. When Cuatro Casas is on it gets really good. Cuatro Casas can get really crowded, but it always is less crowded than anything before Ensenada. It gets extremely windy in Cuatro Casas, but the kelp and the high cliffs keep it glassy. There is camping right on the cliff overlooking the waves and local fisherman will sell you fresh fish.

Location: It can be confusing to find but if you go 12 miles south of the city of Colonet, you will find San Telmo. About a mile south of the PEMEX station in San Telmo just past the "Abarrotes Ormart" store, you will see a turnoff that goes buy some farms stay on that road till you hit the ocean.

Swell Direction: Cuatro Casas is best on South's, but can be good on bigger Northwest.

That sounds like a trip I could do... but i would still take a truck... I know; I'm a wimp.

Just got done packing for Big Bear... futon, stove, foosball table, tent, etc... I like camping in luxury...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

That sounds like a trip I could do... but i would still take a truck... I know; I'm a wimp.

Just got done packing for Big Bear... futon, stove, foosball table, tent, etc... I like camping in luxury...

Thats cool. Maybe you could bring my longboard.

This morning I talked to a friend who goes there a lot, he is going to give me a phone number of a place to stay, right on the point.

Craig.

Thats cool. Maybe you could bring my longboard.

This morning I talked to a friend who goes there a lot, he is going to give me a phone number of a place to stay, right on the point.

Craig.

there is also a kidney pool for skateboarding! fun even if there are no waves. :)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This is the latest report frome Surfline. Looks like Baja will be good Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

I plan to leave around 10:00 am Saturday, surf on the way down (K 38 ) if its going off or just ride all the way to Quatro Casas and surf. Then surf, Sunday eat Lobster at Purto Nuevo then ride home.

Outlook: Only a small-scale SW swell will show through the work week with some swell energy from Hurricane Elida bending into select exposures. Then the weekend and early next week is looking promising as a solid pulse of South Hemi groundswell lines up. Check out the extended forecast for more details!

A recently a strong storm/fetch had set up under New Zealand and remained intact as it moved across the SPAC through the past several days. This system is just now starting to fall apart, but not before pushing out a very solid pulse of S groundswell (~175-190) that will fill in over Saturday, first on beaches toward the South. Expect the strongest energy and largest surf to show Sun/Mon with chest-overhead sets at the well exposed locations. This energy will then back down into the middle of next week, but expect plenty of fun-size waves to continue at the better exposures.

Further out; although not as intense, another good pulse of S groundswell (~180) lines up for the end of next week (July 25th-27th) with more fun-size sets. Stay posted as we continue to track these swells!

Our next forecast update here will be Wednesday evening at 6 PM

Guest Hammerin Hammon

The room is reserved, hot showers, a pool to skate, you dont even have to bring your own scateboard, full kitchen, a private room to lock up your stuff,Ocean view, a cook on site,

All this at a killer South point break.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This is the latest surf report for Baja, I cant wait. I love when it gets a couple feet overhead.

Hola this is Kevin with your Northern Baja Surf Forecast effective Wednesday evening.

Recap: Local NW windswell picked up a bit today and mixed with a very modest SW swell. Average breaks were around knee/waist high, while top SW spots saw a few larger sets.

Brief Outlook: Our surf will gradually build as we head into the weekend. For Thursday afternoon and into Friday we’ll see a building SE swell from Hurricane Elida, as well as a modest mix of SE and SW Southern Hemi swell. NW windswell also picks up Thur/Fri. By the weekend a larger Southern Hemi S swell moves in.

A new and larger S swell (180-190) will move in and looks strongest by Sunday the 21st, although you can expect to see a building trend all day on Saturday with relatively solid surf by the evening hours. Sunday looks strongest though and you can expect chest-head high surf at the better south exposed spots. Standout spots see sets running up to a couple feet overhead at times.

Those waves then ease on Monday the 21st and for a couple days thereafter. We’ll be tracking this swell through the SPAC over the next few days so stay tuned for further updates.

Going further out, it looks like smaller- but still fun size- SW swell will move in around the 26th-27th if the storm behaves as forecast. Stay tuned.

Our next forecast update here will be Friday evening at 6 PM

Craig.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I have been tracking this swell for 2 weeks now. It looks like we are going to have a good ride and score some awesome waves. Rex Everything is bringing his scateboard, so he can scate the pool. :unsure: I cant wait to explore some new surf spots with Steve Mc'kellar and John Dawso.

This is the latest surf forcast for Northern Baja. Surfline.com

SATURDAY: S swell building as old swells fade. Surf picks up to the waist-head high range by the evening at the better Southerly exposures.

Winds: Light NNW winds early, then increasing up to 10kts by the afternoon from the NW/W.

SUNDAY: S swell peaks with surf in the chest-overhead range at the standout spots. Clean in the early morning.

Winds: Calm to light offshore early, then W/NW in the afternoon around 10kts.

MONDAY: S swell holds fairly steady in the morning before slowly easing. Building SSE Fausto swell may start to bend into select exposures over the afternoon/evening. Sets up to chest-head+ range at the better spots.

Winds: Calm to light offshore early, then W/NW in the afternoon around 10kts.