KTMrad

AMA Newsletter

spacer.gif
Extra%20100%20Year%20Logo%20(4).png
100%20Years%20of%20Rights%20Wins%202.jpg

100 Years of Historic AMA Rights Wins
(Part Two)

Last month we looked back at some of the AMA’s historic legislative wins over the past century, including the creation of the AMA Legislative Department, and one of the most intense political-action campaigns in motorcycling’s history — fighting attempts to eliminate ORV use on public lands in 1977.

It’s important to note that in 1978, the Legislative Department name was officially changed by the AMA to the Government Relations Department (GRD) — the name it still has today — to better reflect the broad scope of activities and regulatory issues taken on by the team.

While the AMA fights tirelessly for your rights, don’t forget that we need your help, too! Sign up for action alerts from the AMA at americanmotorcyclist.com/action-center/ .

READ MORE

Suzuki%20Ad.jpg
Motion%20Pro%20Ad.jpg

BIKE%20NIGHT.png

AMA Hall of Fame Spring Bike Night to Run May 18

The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame welcomes motorcyclists and fans of motorcycling to Bike Nights in the spring and the fall. These events, which raise funds for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, feature music, food vendors, free entry to the museum and more.

For 2024, the spring event will be held Saturday, May 18 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. as part of our 100th anniversary. Join us at the AMA campus, located at 13515 Yarmouth Drive, Pickerington, Ohio.

READ MORE

Beta%20Dual%20Sport%20Ad.png
Moto%202024%20Schedule.jpg.png

Connie.jpg

Four Decades in the Making

When Connie Fleming arrived at Angel Stadium for Round 1 of AMA Supercross on Jan. 5, she knew hardware would be handed out…she just didn’t know she would be on the receiving end!

Unbeknownst to Fleming — an AMA employee for more than 40 years and current AMA Supercross/FIM Coordinator — she was the 2024 recipient of the Mickey Thompson Award of Excellence, an annual award given to an individual who has contributed one’s career to developing and improving the motorcycle industry.

“I was in shock,” Fleming said when she was brought on stage to accept the award. “I don’t know what I said except ‘I’m speechless.’ And then I paused, and I said something. I don’t know what I said.”
READ MORE

2024_02_e-news_300x250px_AMA_tours.png
220-300-ama-invest-in-the-best-ad-072523.jpg

AMA members save on products at riskracing.com

Member Benefit Spotlight: PartsGiant

AMA members save 10 percent on every purchase at PartsGiant.com. Call TJ at 888-575-6570 x 817 or email tj@partsgiant.com. Get the discount code when you login at americanmotorcyclist.com/deals-and-discounts .

National%20Cycle.png
Schuberth.jpg

100-Year%20Logo.png

Help Us Celebrate 100 Years!

The AMA is 100 years old!

Help us celebrate our 100th anniversary by letting us know what the AMA means to you and your love for motorcycling! Please submit written or video responses here, or share your favorite AMA memories by using #AMA100Years and #AMACenturyStrong on Facebook or Instagram, and you may appear on AMA social media channels and other AMA-related material.   
SUBMIT

Wojnarowicz.jpeg

Back In The Day...

"This is me on my 1976 YZ100 and my cousin Jeff on his GT80 doing our best rippin’-it pose for the camera. My brother Greg is thinking we’re both boneheads. These were good times in our mid-teens back around 1980, when we weren’t allowed to ride dirt bikes anymore on the streets of Philly. My dad would drive us over to a cool riding area in Florence, N.J., that our flat-tracking cousin Joe K. told us about. Wish I still had that awesome Yamaha jersey!"

— Len Wojnarowicz

Want to share your vintage motorcycling experiences with us, and potentially appear in American Motorcyclist magazine? Send in your Back in the Day responses to submissions@ama-cycle.org. We have a large backlog of Back in the Day submissions and appreciate your patience as we progress through them.  

ama%20small%20house%20ad-1.jpg

AmericanMotorcyclist.com

Address
American Motorcyclist Association
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 

open?upn=u001.n3wa2IaQoJv3uaGYltBt8FMh0T