dirt dame

Lonesome Trails and Wild Critters 08/22/23

Went for another afternoon trail jaunt across the prairie, last Tuesday. Rolling open hills and a bit of canyon riding through Sally Draw. Lots of places are named after women up here I suppose these places were named by love lorn cowboys of the day, who couldn't find any female companionship (other than dance hall girls). Anyway, we followed some backcountry dirt highways, some faint cross country two tracks, etc. and found ourselves on a cow trail on the backside of somebody's ranch at one point. Had a gnarly climb out of that canyon. It was the first time that I noticed the gas tank on my FE 501 actually start to boil. A 15 minute rest stop took care of that. We came across a quite large band of wild horses on the way back. They were somewhat scattered, but we estimated that there were over 40 of them meandering about. On the last stretch heading back to the staging area at Kolman Ranch, my front tire went flat. All in all though, it was a good day, as the afternoon wrapped up with some rain storms coming through.

IMG_0767.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0768.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0766.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0772.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0770.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0769.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Edited by dirt dame
  • Like 7