Sign in to follow this  
No Shift

De Luz to Ortega Hwy?

Hey guys and gals long time no post. Last summer Dirt Dame, myself, tntmo and and a few other riders rode dirt north of Ortega highway 78 called main divide truck trail, fun ride never found the end of it. Well since then I have been doing some google map surfing and saw that I might be able to link up with the main divide truck trail from De Luz via Tenaga truck trail. Does this go threw? and if so any takers for a half day + ride this weekend. This would be a moderate paced ride.

Hey guys and gals long time no post. Last summer Dirt Dame, myself, tntmo and and a few other riders rode dirt north of Ortega highway 78 called main divide truck trail, fun ride never found the end of it. Well since then I have been doing some google map surfing and saw that I might be able to link up with the main divide truck trail from De Luz via Tenaga truck trail. Does this go threw? and if so any takers for a half day + ride this weekend. This would be a moderate paced ride.

Heya shiftleess/No Shift!

I see in your signature the DR is gone and a DRZ is in - congratulations!

I've ridden from DeLuz to Ortega via Tenaja Truck Trail. I'm not sure about the section between De Luz and Tenaja Road, but from Tenaja Road, the Truck Trail which turns into Killen Trail which turns into South Main Divide road is verrrrryyy scenic but all paved (except for a couple hundred yard section that goes by the Wildomar OHV area and campground).

Also, I'm not sure how much of the North Main Divide Truck Road is open. The National Forest Website lists it as "partially open" due to the fires last year. (Don't anyone get me started with fires and road damage and lazy rangers who don't want to patrol "road cutters" so they close off the entire area).

Not sure if I can make the ride, but there are all sorts of areas to explore back up there. One of these days, I 'm going to connect some trails/roads from on Camp Pendleton with those trails and make a fun day in the mountains. I've driven the jeep to the top on the Pendleton side, and ridden Margarita Truck Trail to the gate from the other side. Would be a cool loop, but would obviously require the riders (and bikes) to have access to the base.

Hey Dig Doug, Yep the DR is in retirement somewhere in PB as a commuter. I bought the DRZ and I love it. I went in to the shop to buy a BRP and rode out with a yellow thing. It was a new 06 that was taking up space and they wanted to unload it so I went for it. Thanks for the advice south of Ortega hwy. I was hoping it was dirt and connect it with the ride that we did last summer north of Ortega to have a long dirt day. Any suggestions?

Wayne nice to meet you! Dirt in the diet keeps us healthy!!! I was looking for a dirt road that connects to Ortega Hwy some where near Fallbrook. If this doesn’t work out I….We need to somehow keep dirt in our diet and ride somewhere else. What do you think?

I've ridden all the roads you mentioned.

when are you going?

PM me if any info needed.

What is best for you guys, Sat or Sun?

Wish I could join youse guys, but I am working all weekend. :good:

Wish I could join youse guys, but I am working all weekend. :o

How do I get dirt in my diet without the dirt dame? New job?

Wish I could join youse guys, but I am working all weekend. :o

How do I get dirt in my diet without the dirt dame? New job?

Yes, I got work, but I hate it. I am selling cars. Selling cars is a different kind of job, with a different kind of culture, on a different planet that you never heard of. Also, along with everything else, nobody has any money for cars and nobody selling cars at our dealership is enjoying their work unless they are retired from a line of work that is paying them some kind of retirement stipend. I am still looking for a "normal" job.

i can do a sat ride but have to be back by 2:30. is this the ride that start in ramona?

Hey Trashman,

This ride will start from Fallbrook or the Ortega Hw this Sunday. I have not posted time or place because I, or or we are still not sure of the dirt sections.

yeah i just looked at the weather forecast and looks like rain tomorrow anyway. i am not sure i can go sunday but have fun!

i can do a sat ride but have to be back by 2:30. is this the ride that start in ramona?

Hey Trashman,

This ride will start from Fallbrook or the Ortega Hw this Sunday. I have not posted time or place because I, or or we are still not sure of the dirt sections.

Thanks, time and place will be coming soon so if you decide on Sunday that dirt needs to get into you nose come on out.

Ok here it is meet in Fallbrook at the Mc Donalds on main street 10:30 Sunday departure.

Grab a Mc Muffin & coffee pre ride. Blast off at 10:30. Ride towards Ortega Hwy and see how much we can get in.

So far riding Cardiffchris and Me

Ok here it is meet in Fallbrook at the Mc Donalds on main street 10:30 Sunday departure.

Grab a Mc Muffin & coffee pre ride. Blast off at 10:30. Ride towards Ortega Hwy and see how much we can get in.

So far riding Cardiffchris and Me

Hey No Shift... I was looking at the forest service website (I was going to scout a little today after getting off work half day, but the rain scared me off this morning - I chickened out and drove the truck) and it looks like you can ride on the north side of Ortega, on the Main Divide road as far as the antennas (wow.. was that a run-on sentence or what?). It's closed beyond them due to the fires last year. Also, it looks like you can ride down Indian Truck Trail down to I-15 north of Elsinore. Would be a nice little trip.

It's looking like Sunday is no good for me (those good 'ol family obligations I mentioned), so enjoy... The dirt should be PERFECT this weekend after these rains.

Doug

I'm going to try and make it. See you guys there. If I'm not there by 10:30 take off without me. I'll call you Chris if I'm running late.

So....did you guys go, or what? I didn't see anything in the ride write ups. :blink: I would have liked to gone with, but I was busy quitting my job this morning.