Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Mountain Bike Trails/Track

That's right, the dual sport hobby has turned me into such a GPS geek that I even mount my 60CSx on my BICYCLE handlebars sometimes......what can I say, it's really fun (to me) to create tracks/share tracks.....

I attached a track to a little known "bicycle only" single track trail/loop near the campground where we'll be staying in mid May......go HERE for more info on the campground/area......

After pedaling just a bit over a mile on Track 01 you pass through a gate and onto Track 02.....Track 02 leads you across a creek/small meadow and eventually connects with the Escondido Ravine Fireroad........

You'll climb up about ~2 miles on a combination of trail/fireroad where a fun/short/downhill awaits.....REALLY FUN SINGLE TRACK the whole family can enjoy......

The single track reaches a T intersection after about another ~1.5 miles of descent.....at this point you can make a right turn, pedal a third of a mile, and find yourself back at the gate you crossed through earlier (which is about a mile from the campground)

OR

Make a left turn at the T intersection and pedal back around on another section of double/single track trails which will, after another ~2 miles of pedaling, intersect with the lower half of the original single track down hill you rode after the fire road (about a third of the way across this section you'll see a park bench on a small knoll off to your right as the trail parallels a small creek in Chico Ravine.....you'll also see a few fenced in tombstones off to the left of the park bench......park the bikes, cross the creek, and walk on up.....read the story of the family that once had a homestead in this area and read their tombstones.....then walk over/up to the park bench, have a seat/snack, and take in the view across Big Laguna Meadow from the top of the knoll.....nice (shaded) picnic spot under the trees......

This is a nice little circuit that you can ride as many times as you wish and still stay close to camp with the kiddos.....you won't see many others on it.....most folks don't even know about it......they just ride Big Laguna/Noble Canyon ;)

Big Laguna Meadow in the background....self timer experiment with the camera.....

100_0078.jpg

The bottom of the single track at the "T" intersection

100_0077.jpg

You'll need to tuck low to make it under this tree as you climb back up and around on another set of trails that will eventually lead you back over to the fun/family single track downhill (AGAIN)

100_0080.jpg

Laguna_Campground_loop_to_MTB_Single_Track.txt