Sign in to follow this  
graydog

Newbie old guys

Any newbie older guys like me, 64yrs, who llke to ride fire roads and truck trails...maybe desert washes...on weekdays and leave the gonzo riding to the younger folks who heal faster for the weekend?

I live in La Mesa and would enjoy doing the Otay, Corral Canyon/Bear Valley, etc. rides around here. I am not fast, but steady and enjoy a good afternoon on the dirt taking in the sights. I try to improve with each ride with a major off-road trip on the horizon when my skills will take me there and back.

I have a KLR 650 and he rest of the time I ride a Yamaha FZ1 or a Harley E-Glide.

Wednesday is about the only weekday I couldn't ride.

Carl...aka graydog

Well... I am not that old yet, but I DO like to ride on Mondays... See "Monday Morning Exercises "for a run down... and ignore fakey namey, he doesn't play well with others... :)

I am near Otay, and Corral/Viejas... SanDiegoLand is the one to hit Otay with...

Greydog,

If it's OK with you I'd like to put my brother (64 retired last Thursday) in touch with you. He lives in AZ but keeps a KLR with side car at my place in Chula Vista. He visits often and is always ready for 3-wheel do-able dirt rides. Just a thought... :)

Any newbie older guys like me, 64yrs, who llke to ride fire roads and truck trails...maybe desert washes...on weekdays and leave the gonzo riding to the younger folks who heal faster for the weekend?

I live in La Mesa and would enjoy doing the Otay, Corral Canyon/Bear Valley, etc. rides around here. I am not fast, but steady and enjoy a good afternoon on the dirt taking in the sights. I try to improve with each ride with a major off-road trip on the horizon when my skills will take me there and back.

I have a KLR 650 and he rest of the time I ride a Yamaha FZ1 or a Harley E-Glide.

Wednesday is about the only weekday I couldn't ride.

Carl...aka graydog

Dang it, I knew there was a trick to aging and riding but I hadn't figured it out yet. I would love to ride, but it will take some weeks to heal up after my last couple of gonzo rides :) . I am hoping to be well by the time the Moab ride comes around. I have numbers for a few guys that ride the weekdays, I will see if I can dig them up. Welcome aboard, :D Ken

Any newbie older guys like me...

I dunno... slow and old is what they always promise... then three rides later it takes me ten minutes to catch up...

We'll have to have try-outs to see if you are really compatible with the sightseers :)