boat440

Local 184.5 Mile Loop (Ramona-Hemet) on 03/21

post-2031-1205801084_thumb.jpgCome join the next dirt bike adventure this Friday! It's both Good Friday and Purim, time to celebrate with a ride. We will be riding thru Cleveland National Forest, San Bernadino National Forest and Anza-Borrego Desert park.

It's 141.3 miles of dirt and 43.2 miles of road (+/- .2 miles).

We start in Ramona (corner of 67 & 78 at 7:30AM) and head north east to the Lusardi Truck trail. Should we be running late we can bypass and start at Sunshine Summit. We climb from 1.5K to 3.0K. Next we circle around Lake Henshaw and pick-up the Palomar Truck trail thru the Cleveland National Forest. We gas up by Vail Lake. Next we continue on S371 for a short time then head to the San Bernadino National Forest. We will climb the Alessandro Trail to the Hixon Trail. This is on the western edge of the SBN forest. We will hit 4.4K at our highest elevation. Hixon is the most techical sections, but knowing the guys who ride with this should be easy. We will then ride thru farm lands along Bautista Creek to Hemet. We will gas up and catch a quick lunch in Hemet at any number of fast food restaurants.

The afternoon ride will be deep within the SBN forest. We will head east thru Old Control and encounter 5 to 7 miles of Single-Track. We will end at Idyllwild Park. Again another gas-up and quick hydration at JoAnn's Restaurant. We will then continue south for a few road miles along S243 & S73 to Thomas Mountain. We will climb Thomas Mountain and hit 5.6K our highest elevation of the trip. There might be snow!!! Again another section of Single-Track before exiting the forest to Anza. At Anza we can get gas and hydrate at the local store. We will then head south on the Cooper-Cienega (yup it''s spelled correct) to Anza-Borrego Desert park. We will take Lost Creek back to Lake Henshaw and reverse the Lake Henshaw Truck Trail. The final leg will be a new route thru Black Canyon, Mesa Grade and Santa Ysabel trails, then to Ramona.

There are numerous bail-out points so we get in before dark. Attached is the jpg. The red trails are to Hemet and the green are back to Ramona. Not all of the white trails are on the ride. I can send you the kmz file for those using Google Earth.

This ride will be limited to well-equipped/intermediate riders due to it's length, not terrain difficulty. For those that want a relaxed ride, this will not be the ride for you. I have not done the SBN sections only the Anza-Borrego sections. We might encounter some closed gates, due to the fires and might have to adjust the route. The route is a compilation of various previously posted rides, along with Google Earth searching.

This will also be the inaugural for my new ride. Watch me get my first scratch. :lol:

Finally this is a tune-up a 4-day San Diego to Las Vegas run in April. Any takers?

I didn't read the whole thing but I wanted to tell you right up front, the trails your intend to ride at the start are closed temporarily or permanently, Lusardi, Mt Palomar and Lake Henshaw TT to name a few. All the roads off of Pamo Rd. are closed. Black Mt is open but you can't get to it from the Pamo Rd side. I think the rest that I know, Cooper-Ceinega, is open. Just be kind to the homeowers in the Chihuahua valley.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This looks like a great ride. I am very interested. I will let you know when I confirm my work load for the week. Will we ride the steps of Alasandro :lol:

Craig.

i can also confirm that lusardi and black mountain gates were locked from the pamo rd side two weeks ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't read the whole thing but I wanted to tell you right up front, the trails your intend to ride at the start are closed temporarily or permanently, Lusardi, Mt Palomar and Lake Henshaw TT to name a few. All the roads off of Pamo Rd. are closed. Black Mt is open but you can't get to it from the Pamo Rd side. I think the rest that I know, Cooper-Ceinega, is open. Just be kind to the homeowers in the Chihuahua valley.

Ok thanks for the heads up. Will make adjustments.