Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Lithium Battery Charging

Have you notice charging issues with your lithium batteries?  Anyone running lithium radio batteries?         

Hi Gang!   So I purchased this lithium battery pack for my 270R Yaesu.  Planning on charging off the bike battery while camping. The charger that came with the Sundley battery plugs directly into the back of pack with a different diameter plug and the 120vac power adapter has an  8.4vdc output vs the Yaesu unit that puts out 12-13vdc. The bike lithium puts out 13.3vdc or so. The Yaesu spec lists 7.3 vdc as operating level and up to 16vdc charging. 

Only asking because it is lithium.  The battery circuit has no current limiting aspect and I wonder if it is an issue when charging from low discharge level. 

Wordy, I know. Thanks for reading.    Bags

Edited for clarity

So far = Good to Go.  Picked up the correct 12vdc plug at Fry's Electronics.  Successfully charging the 7.3vdc radio battery with a fused SAE plug and cable spliced to the pin plug. Be careful to get the polarity of the center as the + positive when splicing!  13.3 vdc off the bike lithium battery direct to the 7.3vdc radio battery. No Heat, no fire!!

BAGSTR

P10007501000w.jpg