Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Saturday 01/26/08

I know Carguy posted his ride a little late, but I was disappointed to see that nobody had time to respond to it, because it was a neat little jaunt. Leaving from Casa de Carguys, it was just Carguy and I on the border road to Tecate. Along the way we saw three deer bounding across the road; a beautiful sight. We thought another rider might meet us when we arrived at Tecate, but after about 15 or 20 minutes of waiting at the gas station, we could see that it wasn't likely anybody else would join in, so we took the county road to Potrero and had some breakfast; good food, but bad service :) at the roadside cafe.

After that, we headed out to some of Carguys favorite neighborhood fire and poleline roads, doing a loop that was both pleasing to the eye and trailriding sensibilities. And it smelled good too, as the air was filled with the pungent aroma of damp sagebrush. We crawled over a few little rocks, negotiated quite a bit of narrow, off-camber twisties, had some honkin' hill climbs and a road full of jump-de-doos. I didn't take a camera, but I should have. It wasn't a very long ride(about 42 miles) but there was enough variety so that never a dull moment was had. We got back to Carguys place before 1:00 pm. A pleasant way to spend a morning for sure. :)

Glad I got a little play time in, just got the call and have to work Sunday. :) There are a few fun trails out here. I will give more notice next time, things change fast.

Potrero Cafe gets a thumbs down from this rider, 45 minutes to get breakfast? And it was messed up. :) Never again! :)