boat440

Can you print the MapSource Waypoint Tab?

I'm calling on all GPS guru's.

I'm using MapSource V6.12 and would like to print the Waypoint Tab?

I'd like a hard copy of the waypoints (including the position) when I print out maps. Putting the Waypoints & Positions on the map crowds the map and makes it difficult to read. When going off-road, I usually print some maps and take them with me should my GPS fail. Having a printed version of the waypoints would greatly help.

I checked the help file and did not see any method of printing.

I'm using a Garmin V which I know is old, but it has been reliable, accurate & inexpensive. Besides the mapping s/w is where I will get the waypoints from.

Any tips or work-arounds are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve...

I'm calling on all GPS guru's.

I'm using MapSource V6.12 and would like to print the Waypoint Tab?

I'd like a hard copy of the waypoints (including the position) when I print out maps. Putting the Waypoints & Positions on the map crowds the map and makes it difficult to read. When going off-road, I usually print some maps and take them with me should my GPS fail. Having a printed version of the waypoints would greatly help.

I checked the help file and did not see any method of printing.

I'm using a Garmin V which I know is old, but it has been reliable, accurate & inexpensive. Besides the mapping s/w is where I will get the waypoints from.

Any tips or work-arounds are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve...

The only approach I can think of would be to copy the contents of the Waypoint tab into a word document and print the document.......but I'm not sure that'll be all that useful to you beyond providing you with the names of all the Waypoints on your map that fall along your route and/or track......if you're curious as to the location of a given Waypoint from your current position you can always go to the FIND button on your Garmin V and locate the Waypoint you're looking for.......the GPS will tell you the position of the Waypoint AND the distance to the Waypoint......and may even be able to create an auto route for you to use to navigate to the Waypoint (depending on which mapping software you're using......no auto routing available with Roads and Rec's or Topo)

Hope that helped.....I'm no guru.....someone else may have a better approach....

Sure...

- Open the file with the waypoints you want to print

- Delete all your routes

- Delete all your tracks

- Go to File-Save As

- On the bottom in the "Save as type" box, select "Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)"

- Give it a name and select a location to save the file, click "Save"

- Browse to the saved .txt file and open it in notepad

- Edit to make it look good and print

Alternatively, you can open the .txt file in Excel which makes it easier to delete the extra columns you don't care about...

Sure...

- Open the file with the waypoints you want to print

- Delete all your routes

- Delete all your tracks

- Go to File-Save As

- On the bottom in the "Save as type" box, select "Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)"

- Give it a name and select a location to save the file, click "Save"

- Browse to the saved .txt file and open it in notepad

- Edit to make it look good and print

Alternatively, you can open the .txt file in Excel which makes it easier to delete the extra columns you don't care about...

Thanks Crawdad & DigDug. I tried saving the wypts to a .txt file and it worked great. Brought in up in Excel, did some quick editing and printed my hard copy. Again thanks for the hint, Steve...