Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

One more for the ride

Hi,

My name is Brian and thought I better join the forum instead of just lurking around the site. I am a little out of the area living in north OC (Yorba Linda) but don't hold that against me. I think you have a great site and a very active group of riders. I enjoyed doing the Dash last year and I am getting ready for this years ride. It is definitely one of the best organized rides I have done. Last time I ended up tagging along with Joliet and Schwinn for the Saturday loop. It was great having a couple of guides to follow through unfamiliar country and I appreciated the company. Unfortunately, we did end up loosing Ken somewhere in the sand dunes but luckily we all made it back in one piece. I am still not sure what happened.

Like a lot of the other folks here, I have several rides but spend most of the time on my XR600 or a KTM 525. Anymore, I keep to the easy stuff and ride pretty slow but always like to get out and explore new country. Hope to meet more of you soon.

Brian

Welcome northern guy. We ride at Big Bear and around the Hemet area, so I am sure I'll see you on a ride some time.

Hey brian, I remember you. You ride well, myself and joilet ride alot together, hope to see you at the desert dash. I am housing a few riders in my trailer so come on by.

A lot of the guys on the site ride to explore, not really to race. To quote my friend, "I owe too much money to too many people to crash" so a lot of us just take it easy and enjoy the burgers and commaraderie, though occasionally we get some friendly "races" but most of us are over the "let's see if this leaves a scar" phase :)

Welcome! I'll see you out at the dash, look for the battleship size pig...that's me :)