Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Big Biike Goin' Down... to the Dez Saturday

Planning another venture to explore my limits, but where to go? Leaving La Mesa 0700 to arrive about 0900. Looking for routes which limit the number of times I need to pick up the big KTM. I'm adding more preload to the forks to see if that helps in those sandy sections.

Captcham, Grantzilla, SDrider anyone else interested?

BAGSTR

Can't do it Sat bro, got family time stuff to do. If you end up going Sun I can roll.

Check out our truck trail ride write up if you are looking for a nice big bike ride that is close.

Planning another venture to explore my limits, but where to go? Leaving La Mesa 0700 to arrive about 0900. Looking for routes which limit the number of times I need to pick up the big KTM. I'm adding more preload to the forks to see if that helps in those sandy sections.

Captcham, Grantzilla, SDrider anyone else interested?

BAGSTR

Where are you thinking about going? I may be interested in going out Saturday, but it would be nice for it not to be quite so far. I have a track on my GPS for Japatul road, going from Dehesa Rd, around Loveland Reservoir, and another near there from Sycuan Rd, down Sequan Truck Trail to Japatul Road. Do you know anything about these? We could meet anywhere near El Cajon and ride from there if you are interested. I'm not sure whether to bring the KLR or the R1150GS.

Dave

SDRider.

That's sounds fine with me. I'm just trying to get "out there". I see your routes on the map and have not travelled them. There is another rider out of El Cajon that might join in. I will give him a call today. If I remember, you are coming from the beach area. What do you say about meeting in La Mesa at Cosmos Coffee (La Mesa Blvd. and Spring St.. just east of Spring) I am in La Mesa so I could meet you there at whatever time you like Saturday. We could head out Willow Glen to Dehesa.

As to which bike: We could be on a fair amount of pavement favoring the GS; but then we don't know how tough the trails will get; therefore I have no idea which is best. It must be nice to have a choice! One bike must do all for me.

Dave 619-994-9481

I could go on Sunday :o

Usually I ride Sundays, but not this week. My wife is finishing a series of Saturday classes this week which means I'll be back on Sundays next week. Between Christmas and New Years, I will have some flexibility during the week after the holidays.

Hope to see you then. Dave

Yep, holidays should free up some time, I start 2 weeks vacation tomorrow. :o

Check for tntmo's post to Corral Canyon going down early this Sunday. CC is a hoot especially if there is snow/ice around. Tons of it is good for big bikes too. Does have some good technical single track I'd skip on a big bike.

I plan on being there Sunday am, but on a small bike.

Just thought I'd put this up here as a reasonably close and nice hardpack ride.

SDRider.

That's sounds fine with me. I'm just trying to get "out there". I see your routes on the map and have not travelled them. There is another rider out of El Cajon that might join in. I will give him a call today. If I remember, you are coming from the beach area. What do you say about meeting in La Mesa at Cosmos Coffee (La Mesa Blvd. and Spring St.. just east of Spring) I am in La Mesa so I could meet you there at whatever time you like Saturday. We could head out Willow Glen to Dehesa.

As to which bike: We could be on a fair amount of pavement favoring the GS; but then we don't know how tough the trails will get; therefore I have no idea which is best. It must be nice to have a choice! One bike must do all for me.

Dave 619-994-9481

That sounds good. Will try to find Cosmos and we can talk about the route. I may bring the KLR since I don't know much about the area. My mobile is 720-427-3588. Meet around 9:30?

Dave

SDRider,

I will see you at 9:30. I'm developing a sore throat but will be there regardless. Hopefully it will be better overnight.

BAGSTR

SDRider,

I will see you at 9:30. I'm developing a sore throat but will be there regardless. Hopefully it will be better overnight.

BAGSTR

See you there. I'll be on the KLR.

Dave