Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Sorry Alex

<_< Sorry we didn't meet you at 9 in front of the OW ranger station... we were taking the scenic tour of the desert... an "source" told me 79 was closed, as was Sunrise due to the snow... So we had to take S2 to Ocotillo wells... and were an hour late.

We stopped by 3 or 4 times to see if you were hanging around, but... you weren't

Ride report: we made it through the snow, and the rain, and as we pulled up to the ranger station, it was pouring buckets... So we buzzed toward the light... It front of the Blu Inn, it was dry, so we geared up, and went to the slot

post-122-1197388807_thumb.jpg

Minimal missed turns got us there relatively quickly... (That's Ozzy in the picture)

The rest of the day was exploring/sightseeing/getting lost; however you want to look at it...

post-122-1197388913_thumb.jpg

The conditions were perfect... No mud to speak off, mostly compact sand, etc. Of very few "tards"

post-122-1197389001_thumb.jpg

Great day to ride... good pace

post-122-1197389100_thumb.jpg

post-122-1197395798_thumb.jpg

For those of you that haven't been... you can't ride in very far. But it's a fun trip nonetheless...

For people wanting to try one of the drop offs, this ride has a very short dropoff right before the slot canyon... good practice; not difficult, but you do have to pay attention.

Thanks for the props SDL; I'm not of a photographer, but like to capture things that help communicate places I go...