2Wheels

Shipping to Santa Rosalia, B.C., Mexico

I'll be picking up some KLR parts at South Bay Motorsports sometime in the next two days and trying to find a way to get them to Santa Rosalia in Baja California Sur.

My question: How do you go about this? I'm thinking maybe the best way will be to go to Tijuana and ship them from there. Does anyone know about shipping from Tijuana to points south?

My question: How do you go about this?

It's pretty important to make sure those parts get there, so don't trust shipping them when you should hand deliver them (just to be sure). So load them onto your bike and head South. You'll have to go through Laguna Hanson on the way since it would be a shame not to. After spending the first night at Mike's Sky Ranch , continue on through San Filipe and the dirt into Gonzaga Bay. You could go further than that, but why rush things? The important thing is to remain focussed on your mission of getting those parts down there, and that requires some quiet-time for reflection.

Staying focussed, you remind yourself of your motive for staying the next night in LA Bay: "In the morning, I'll take the 120 mile dirt route South to HWY 1 to avoid the military check-point in Guerrero Negro where the guards may confiscate these bike parts, and I can't let that happen". "I know if I avoid this delay I'm sure to get these parts to Santa Rosalia by nightfall".

After delivering the parts (and feeling really good about your selfless deed), you head back North. You have to do the dirt route again since the guards check both directions and you didn't get your tourist card on the way down. About 60 miles into the dirt you should probably stop for the night at the palapas at San Francisquito. You will have had an arduous trip thus far, so be careful to not wear yourself out because tomorrow is going to be a long day.

After you finish the dirt into LA Bay, you should keep going to get back to Gonzaga Bay for the night. After all, by the next night you need to get to San Filipe. You don't want this to take all week do you?

It's pretty important to make sure those parts get there, so don't trust shipping them when you should hand deliver them (just to be sure). So load them onto your bike and head South. You'll have to go through Laguan Hanson on the way since it would be a shame not to. After spending the first night at Mike's Sky Ranch , continue on through San Filipe and the dirt into Gonzaga Bay. You could go further than that, but why rush things? The important thing is to remain focussed on your mission of getting those parts down there, and that requires some quiet-time for reflection.

Staying focussed, you remind yourself of your motive for staying the next night in LA Bay: "In the morning, I'll take the 120 mile dirt route South to HWY 1 to avoid the military check-point in Guerrero Negro where the guadds may confiscate these bike parts, and I can't let that happen". "I know if I avoid this delay I'm sure to get these parts to Santa Rosalia by nightfall".

After delivering the parts (and feeling really good about your selfless deed), you head back North. You have to do the dirt route again since the guards check both directions and you didn't get your tourist card on the way down. About 60 miles into the dirt you should probably stop for the night at the palapas at San Francisquito. You will have had an arduous trip thus far, so be careful to not wear yourself out because tomorrow is going to be a long day.

After you finish the dirt into LA Bay, you should keep going to get back to Gonzaga Bay for the night. After all, by the next night you need to get to San Filip. You don't want this to take all week do you?

:):D:D

"What can brown do for you?" UPS :) Ken

I guess I should call them tomorrow and see what they say. In the end, it'll be up to "lost".

Someone on ADV rider even suggested that he take the bus from Sta Rosalia to TJ, pick up his parts, and take the bus back. That'd be another realistic possibility.

Someone on ADV rider even suggested that he take the bus from Sta Rosalia to TJ, pick up his parts, and take the bus back.

That's a CRAZY amount of miles!!! On a mexican bus? OMG!

That's a CRAZY amount of miles!!! On a mexican bus? OMG!

Believe it or not, the Mexican buses are actually better than Greyhound here in the states. I mean the long-distance buses - not the cross-town buses. They even have movies - give him a chance to practice his ear for Spanish. Sleep at night on the bus - save money on hotels.

"What can brown do for you?" UPS ;) Ken

That's what I ended up doing. Two days to Guadalajara.

Once he posted that he'd made it to La Paz on a half-broken-down bike and was getting on the ferry to Mazatlan, I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up with him and hand deliver the parts. Thanks all for the replies.