Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

Anyone here Love Baja, Riding and Surfing?

San Ysidro. I think?

Hey Bitwrench yes I will be getting insurance

Guest Crusty

San Ysidro. I think?

Hey Bitwrench yes I will be getting insurance

Not where, but what time?

Opps sorry. I think around 9am. Bit should be at my house around 8

Guest Crusty
WEDNESDAY - 07/16
W

If I was surfing Thursday' I would cross by 6;30.

Too blown out by 11;00

Report shows 19 KTS. by 11;00 am Th. Fr.

WEATHER/WIND: Expect light/variable wind in the early morning Tuesday, giving way to moderate onshore WNW/NW flow through the late morning and into the afternoon. For Wednesday look for light Northerly winds in the morning to trend onshore NW a little faster and become moderate+ to breezy in the afternoon.

Guest Crusty

You 2 have fun.

Good waves here this morning, and getting better. :coolio:

Take some pics, stay safe and have lots of fun. I will get my Baja fix next weekend.

You 2 have fun.

Good waves here this morning, and getting better. :coolio:

Take some pics, stay safe and have lots of fun. I will get my Baja fix next weekend.[/quote

bummer we're going to miss you.

Guest Crusty

Surfnride whats your status?

If I can ride down with him I might change my mind.

You wont have to ride alone.

Meeting Bitwrench 6am at Kensington Starbucks.

Got insurance through geico online.

Guest Crusty

Meeting Bitwrench 6am at Kensington Starbucks.

Got insurance through geico online.

Good news you will be in the water by 8:00 :smile_anim: tide will have filled in a bit, should be perfect. :coolio:

I will be surfing here in Carlsbad with a crowd.

Just landed in Miami. Waiting now to catch a flight to San Diego. I won't get back in time to make this trip happen, I'm wiped out from traveling. Have fun!

Sorry to hear that. We'll catch some uncrowded waves for you.

Tested the surf rack today on the freeway. No drag or pull what so ever. This is awesome! Now I can surf and not have to worry about fuel.

Had a fun ride/surf to Nor Baja with Rev5 (Ty), leaving at 2 in the A.M to meet at starbucks.

starnuts1-L.jpg

Did some work on the Husky before leaving, including getting it running agian.. :]

feext-L.jpg

Ty hosted us in a gated community. Fooking sweet digs.

casa-L.jpg

Cruised down to K38 and paid 5 books to park inside the compound.

Here's Ty hamming it up pre-surf.
TyisHi-L.jpg

The Husky taking a siesta

huskVaaarna-L.jpg

Friday afternoon, we puted around on the bikes. Rode up to the base of Baby Jesus, who apparently lives on a hill in Baja. Who knew?

HeyZues-L.jpg

Ty agian, praying for bigger waves.
savemejusus-L.jpg

Looking down on K38 area.

k38surfshop-L.jpg

Random car burning to the ground about 28 miles from Ridgecrest. Irony abounds..

uronfire-L.jpg

Was a fun trip with smallish surf. FUn wAves though. Ty was a gracious host, and saved us many pesos with the guest house. Solid levelheaded rider, and laidback dude. Good riding pardner. Weather was ideal, nice and cool. Well, I guess anything is cool if you live in the desert..heh. This was my first time back since my 2012 trip down. There's just so many spots to surf in baja, and it's always bigger in Baja than S.D. in summer..I'm amping to go back. Looks like beggining of AUgust is showing some signs of life.. I would like to go a little farther down, maybe hit Camalu area, and or Punta Baja, and the lighthouse. Hit the pool and get those atrophied muscles working boys..we are coming up on Hurricane season...

Bitwrench

O.K. Gents, the surf is back. I'm in NorCal, heading to Big Sur Tuesday, surf , spend the night,then back in SoCal. Looks like it starts getting good as early as Thursday. Anyone up for crossing thve border Friday or Saturday? Hotel and or camping , I don't care, just want to surf..

Hooters!

Fun surf in Big Sur. Fresh slippers on the Husky...and this >> www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/hpwv.html

I want to cross the border Friday Morning early.. It's going to be good, and possibly big.
J

I booked at Roberts K38 thru Sunday night. If I can find a dog sitter, I'll head south after that...

I surf, I ride, I'm in. For this trip or the next. Haven't met anybody from this forum yet. San Diego native. All I need to get is the surf racks. Something I've been wanted to get for my bike anyways.

Its to bad salsipuedes is no longer accessible by road. (R.I.P)

I used to go to Sals's 5-6 times in the summer! I heard about it being closed off. Definitely a bummer. The place had great waves and lots of lobsters!

I wasnt able go this weekend. Hopefully Bitwrench is getting some sick surf. We'll get another one before to long.

Definitely get the rack "carver surf racks"

Greetings,

Overhead surf for three days. Today was smaller. I was going to head home Monday but this..

http://www.surfline.com/surf-science/hurricane-marie---forecaster-blog_116910/

I'll be hanging here at Roberts k38 for this , it's going to be huge. Eat , surf, sleep, repeat... This is the first epac cat 5 since 2010.

Ride or drive down here, it's going to be epic..

J

REV5: Thanks for the tip. Already located a Carver rack nearby going to pick them up and install this week.

Bitwrench: Sounds great! Hope to get down there soon but can't make it this week. ENJOY!

Cool

REV5: Thanks for the tip. Already located a Carver rack nearby going to pick them up and install this week.

Bitwrench: Sounds great! Hope to get down there soon but can't make it this week. ENJOY!

Cool beans. Me thinks we will be seeing more hurricanes this year. Just going to keep my bike packed up and ready to rock it.

I'm ready to try some of the camping and Hostals south of Ensenada..the crowds in Baja Norte are much smaller than SoCal, but still....crowds.

Jackson

How was 38s today

I caught my biggest waves today. Still not as big as I thought it would be. I guess we won't see the filth till tonite,or Wednesday.

Lucky I got in the water early, as it got crowded fast. I'm not leaving till I get scared senseless...heh.

J

Nice. Let me know how tomorrow is. Im trying to get down there.

Nice. Let me know how tomorrow is. Im trying to get down there.

It's stupid big today. Double and a few triple O sets. I'm eating breakfast first..