Sign in to follow this  
1NaAdv

KLR tires ?

So here is my dilemma. I want to ride to the DV get together from san diego . My current dunlop 750 rear tire is about worn. Ive purchased a d606 for the rear, before i purchase a new front tire i wonder if i can make the whole trip with a set of d606's without too much wear from a 700 mile round trip on slab . Or just get a set of 50/50 tires like the kenda 270's, inexpensive and can keep on for road trips. Or mix a pair?

I am looking for offroad traction to be my main concern, hence the already purchased d606 for the rear, which i plan on using for the rough stuff at some point. Any feedback or recommendations would be great. Thanks .

606's front and rear are a really good choice for a klr with very good road and dirt riding. DV doesn't need as good of a dirt tire as the 606 but you should like them. They wear great on that bike and should go at least 3-4k.

I put on a fresh D606 rear and Unicross front on my '09 KLR before slabbing from San Diego to Colorado for the COBDR back in August. Had to abort COBDR after 2 days due to charging system failure and slabbed it back to San Diego. So that was around 2K miles of slab getting there and back plus the dirt/gravel miles on 2 days of COBDR -- with the bike heavily loaded with camping gear. The D606 still has enough tread on it that I will keep it on the bike for either the sdadv DV trip (if I can swing it) or the advrider Noob rally in march. From my experience I think a fresh set of D606's will easily get you to, through and back from DV.