Sign in to follow this  
daxxruckus

2005 CRF 450x - Need to borrow a working starter to Test in San Diego

Hi All,

I'm troubleshooting starter issues with my 2005 CRF 450x. I have everything narrowed to down to a problem with the electric starter. Even though I just recently replaced the brushes, I believe that the problem lies with the starter still not working properly. The bike barely cranks, and I'm pretty sure the starter is still failing. I have tested everything else - decompression, it has a brand new top end, brand new stator and regulator.

See video here for what it is doing:

Anyway, I am just looking for a starter from a CRF450x, any year I believe will work. I just need it for a few hours just to put in my bike and see if it starts before I spend the $300 on buying a new starter.

I would remove it from your bike and test and reinstall. Have done this multiple times on my X so I know exactly how it's done. I would even be glad to pay you for the usage of your starter to test on mine.

If anyone can possibly help me out today or this weekend, I would be so grateful!

Thank you so much!

Ian

619-727-8744

Have you tried running a cable directly from the battery to the starter, bypassing the switch and the solenoid?