Sign in to follow this  
kkug

Horizons Unlimited Meeting

I went to this a few years ago and had a very good time. I don,t think I will make it this year but it is excellent.

Ken

Hi,

Just a reminder that the HU California Meeting is coming very soon!

When: October 24-27, 2013

Where: Cambria, Central Coast near Big Sur

Why come? Typical comments from past meetings:

"Met so many nice people... and helpful people, that it has made me really want to get out there on the road." "I think that the best aspect was the high caliber of guest speakers and presenters." "Very high quality food for such a big group and camping so close to the sessions and cafe was convenient." "Folks were all great and the most amazing thing was there was no attitude."

We expect to have over 25 presenters, lots of useful 'how to' sessions running from Thursday late afternoon through mid-day Sunday.

The amazing line-up of seasoned travellers who will inspire you to get on the road include: Ted Simon, Carla King, Sam Manicom, Brian and Sandra Smith, Cliff Danger, Iain Harper, Craig Vetter, Ken and Carol Duval, Jeremy Kroeker, Sandy, Terry and Jack Borden, Mike and Jo Hannan, Dave Rankine, Fred Walti, Wynne Benti, Pete Nesbitt and of course, Grant and Susan.

Since HU meetings are about informing, not just inspiring, you will also learn what to do when you encounter an accident, how to plan and execute a long-distance trip, how to take less stuff on your trip, and how to change a tire when there is no AAA.

Lots of opportunity to catch up with old friends, make new friends and plan trips to exciting places! Numbers are strictly limited due to the venue constraints. More details and registration at:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/california

As the event has grown enormously, we do need more help with pre and on-the-day event organizing, so if you would like to step up and help, please let us know! A few hours of your time will be a big help. Please tick the Volunteer box when you're registering, or if you've already registered and wish to volunteer, start here:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/volunteer

There is also a poster for the event you can print off and post anywhere appropriate to help spread the word.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/posters/California2013poster.pdf

Thanks, and we hope to see you there!

Grant and Susan

www.HorizonsUnlimited.com

P.S. We are sending this message to all previous HU California meeting attendees. If you have already registered and paid, thanks very much and please ignore this message! If you prefer not to receive communications from us in future, please let Susan know by reply to this message.