Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Monday the 1st- lark canyon

any other people with Monday off?

New guy Ozzy and i will be trucking out from Alpine fairly early, and back before the kids are out of school.

send an email to

robert.a.conrad@seaworld.com if you want in, and we can incorporate you in to our plans. (I won't be able to answer PMs til Tuesday) I can fit one more bike in my truck, or take the trailer and add 3 more

tentative plan at this point is (haven't run this by Ozzy, yet) :unsure:

truck <_< to the dirt road in Mc Cain Valley... drive the plated bikes up the road, minding the 35 mile an hour speed limit :)

swing over the Sacatone Overlook, then go hit the interior trails. :D

bust some berms, stay cactus free, try a couple mild hill climbs (one has a nasty rut that wouldn't allow the TW tire to touch bottom)

This is in lieu of a ride report, since neither brought a camera...

Met Ozzy at his place about 3 miles from my house... his plated bike (XR600) was flat, so he brought the 2 smoker... KTM300, if I'm not mistaken...You know; two strokes smell right... it brings me back 35 years every time I ride behind one.

No major issues to write about; Ozzy may have taken a dirt sample or two, and i had a couple of moments off the pegs. No traffic to speak of until we were leaving... an XT225 with 80/20 tires, and a leather jacket wearing rider came up. He was meeting his brother on a Husky or something; we left before the Husky arrived.

Ozzy is a fine rider and won't hold up most of us at all...

lots of whoops, some shallow sand, and a little exploring. Ozzy commented that every time we stopped, we could still see the truck.

For those of you that haven't been to Lark Canyon OHV, you CAN'T get lost, as long as you stay within the boundaries... a lot of intertwined trails, all starting from the parking area, or one of the two campgrounds.

We were beack in Alpine by lunchtime... Chilis baby back ribs for me.

Nice meeting you Ozzy.

Sounds like fun. I don't know where you parked your truck, but I always manage to get way out of sight of my car. I know all the fun little single tracks in the immediate green sticker area and then some near the end of the road that can be ridden legally if you have a plated bike. If anybody wants to go on a Wednsday to McCain or anywhere else for that matter, just PM me :unsure: or post or send a smoke signal-no wait don't do that till we get more rain. <_<