Crawdaddy

Ok, so I'm cheap.........

Having some buyers remorse today.....I'll probably take back the jack/pants/gloves and just keep the helmet (on sale online for $99.....will have them match it)......the Jacket/Pants just seem too bulky/heavy for my "Sun" Diego needs.....that's driving my decision more than quality concerns (since they're untested by me).......

Took it all back today during the lunch hour....ALL of it......I was willing to keep the helmet if they'd let it go for $99 and exchange it for a white one (had some problems with internal/drop down "inner" shield this weekend.....kept jumping off track)....they were willing to exchange but at price of $199 against my $399 package deal.....too rich......

Opted to buy the lower end "Explorer Discovery" helmet (no inner shield).....it's actually a tad more comfy anyway......it was on sale for $69: http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Off-Road/Motocross-Helmets/Dual-Sport/brand/BILT/Explorer-Discovery-Adventure-Helmet/p/43193_59409_199

Picked up a white BiLT Techno Mesh Jacket on Sat.......perfect for our weather......wear with internal liner in the morning/mesh in the afternoon.....I used it both Sat and Sunday and was pleased with it: http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Motorcycle-Jackets/Textile/brand/BILT/Techno-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jacket/p/43811_59524_110877

I have to say the exchange/credit process was painless at Cycle Gear.......I really haven't shopped there much in the past......nice that exchanges are so easy.....

I also picked up a pair of Fox Tech 5 boots since the repair job on my SIDI's didn't hold up (side stitching already blew out again) and my Alpine Stars are toasted.......

All the house brand "BiLT" gear comes with a 5 year warranty......I don't think they realize how much we ride :blink:.......I may never have to buy another mesh jacket :heh:

Having some buyers remorse today.....I'll probably take back the jack/pants/gloves and just keep the helmet (on sale online for $99.....will have them match it)......the Jacket/Pants just seem too bulky/heavy for my "Sun" Diego needs.....that's driving my decision more than quality concerns (since they're untested by me).......

Picked up a white BiLT Techno Mesh Jacket on Sat.......perfect for our weather......wear with internal liner in the morning/mesh in the afternoon.....

All the house brand "BiLT" gear comes with a 5 year warranty......I don't think they realize how much we ride :blink:/>/>.......I may never have to buy another mesh jacket :heh:/>/>

I bought the same deal in Mid March. Got the "Explorer Air" Jacket and pants. Jacket is perfect for my short commute and weekend jaunts inland. Just dont use the water bladder compartment :bigeyed:/> (it'll choke you) Pants - After just 2/3 rides seams in the pockets and sides coming undone. Knee pads dont like to stay put. I'll take the pants in to get replaced and continue to wear them until I a find a suitable replacement. It was a great deal for all this and a Spare helmet / gloves. Cant beat the 5 year warranty and return policy. I asked how they could sell a package like this so cheap and their response was because they literally buy it by the ton.

..actually the VStrom has a conveniently located "flash to pass" switch that could probabaly be soldered to work as a PTT....

That`s what I did with the flash to pass switch on my Husky.