Sign in to follow this  
Andrewdavis34

South of San Felipe March 1-3

Had a great trip down south of San Felipe last weekend (March 1-3)with my dad. Plans were to head south to Gonzaga. Due to wind on the way down things got a little challenging from the wind and my dad needed to slow down a bit. Ended up going taking Mex 3 across from Ensenada to Mex 5 then south to San Felipe. No gas in Oso Negros/Heros de Indepencia. Via de Trinidad has gas, as do points south. Ended up camping south of San Felipe on the beach.

North Bound trip was again very windy and with my dad being getting hit with a full blow cold did not make for a fun return trip. We decided that it would be best to stay in Mexico and take the toll road west to avoid the mountains here in San Diego as well as avoid the high speed interstate driving. This was a good choice. I would highly recommend taking the toll road if entering at Tecate/Otay if San Felipe is your destination. It is very scenic drive. This is of course if staying on pavement. My dad is 78 now and is fine with sticking to the roads.

Here a few pictures:

Had a great trip down south of San Felipe last weekend (March 1-3)with my dad. Plans were to head south to Gonzaga. Due to wind on the way down things got a little challenging from the wind and my dad needed to slow down a bit. Ended up going taking Mex 3 across from Ensenada to Mex 5 then south to San Felipe. No gas in Oso Negros/Heros de Indepencia. Via de Trinidad has gas, as do points south. Ended up camping south of San Felipe on the beach.

North Bound trip was again very windy and with my dad being getting hit with a full blow cold did not make for a fun return trip. We decided that it would be best to stay in Mexico and take the toll road west to avoid the mountains here in San Diego as well as avoid the high speed interstate driving. This was a good choice. I would highly recommend taking the toll road if entering at Tecate/Otay if San Felipe is your destination. It is very scenic drive. This is of course if staying on pavement. My dad is 78 now and is fine with sticking to the roads.

Here a few pictures:

Bummer I don,t see the pictures !

post-14307-019019000 1362939181_thumb.jp

Here a few pictures:

Bummer I don,t see the pictures !

Here they are:

post-14307-064970000 1362939212_thumb.jp

post-14307-092550000 1362939241_thumb.jp

post-14307-084870400 1362939259_thumb.jp

That looks like a good trip with your dad. Too bad he was sick.

I have never seen Ojos out of gas. Amazing.

DD