Sign in to follow this  
X-country-Rider

Santa Rosa Mountain/Toro Peak Ride Mid/Late May 2013

Santa Rosa Mountain/Toro Peak Ride Mid/Late May 2013

The fams watching Christmas Story and i'm sitting here with the laptop ADV dreaming of warmer days to come when i can get back up in the mountains. I'm working on campground reviews and scanning maps when i came across some place i've never been near Anza. Anyone here ever rode Santa Rosa Mtn/Toro Peak? They have Yellow post camp sites so a camp ride would be in order. Here's some starter info for the riding i'm dreaming up.

I started a basic map on dualsportmaps.com. Rides starts at Starbucks in Hemet and up Rouse Hill Rd and Thomas Mountain an excellent ADV route. We eat at Paradise Valley Cafe. Up Santa Rosa TT with a over night camp at Santa Rosa Pk with two return options. One for OC/LA riders up to Idyllwild and down Bee Canyon back to Hemet. The second for San Diego riders through Anza and down Copper Cienega Truck Trail/Puerta La Cruz Truck Trail/Lost Creek Rd to end at the Glider Port at Warner Springs. The Camp is at over 8000ft (33°32'17''N 116°27'42''W Elevation 8048Ft) so this ride needs to be in mid to late May. It will still be cold/chilly at that elevation even in late May. Maybe a support vehicle could bring firewood. They have rock rings at the campground.

http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=107509

We could do a small scouting ride in late April with a larger organized ride is mid to late May.

Rouse Hill Rd/Thomas Mountain

IMG_4342.jpg

471806_10150972421569520_1058975407_o.jpg

Paper Maps Online Link

Santa Rosa Camp Site Info

1899270354.jpg

santarosapeaktopo.jpg

2007_0925SantaRosaMountain0064.jpg

2007_0925SantaRosaMountain0027.jpg

2007_0925SantaRosaMountain0069.jpg

SantaRosaMt-04SEP05-29.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

img3180n.jpg

img3189d.jpg

img3190s.jpg

img3192b.jpg

314a85e2.jpg

CIMG1833.jpg

c6968f9b.jpg

Yes camped out up their a few times . One of my favorites. We were going to do it this year but never put it together. Can get chilly at nite. The views of the Palm Spring at nite is awesome .

Yes camped out up their a few times . One of my favorites. We were going to do it this year but never put it together. Can get chilly at nite. The views of the Palm Spring at nite is awesome .

Do you have any pics on your computer from your camps up there?