Bagstr

Big Bike Trolling the Back Country

Sunday's temperature was not too bad and the brush fires held off one more week; so the Troll up Pamo and over Santa Ysabel Rd. turned out well. This was my first time in the area and my thanks to the Board for the big bike recommend. I met Alan who operates the Pamo Ranch at the end of the valley. Friendly guy who appreciates the plated bikes that stick to the roads. "Its the kids on dirt bikes that go over the fence and tear land up". Next trip, I'll continue past Pamo and troll up the seven mile dead end via Carney Canyon to Temescal Valley.

Enjoyed the bridge Santa Ysabel Rd. provided between Pamo and Black Canyon. Nice road requiring some concentration. The water bars serve as an unending series of launch ramps. Black Canyon runs like a freeway on the way up to Mesa Grande.

All in all a fun way to explore the back country from a new (for me) perspective.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Glad your having a good time on the big Katoom. Take it from one who know, adventure awaits you!

Thanks, for sharing. Looks like a nice ride, what was you total milage for the trip? Ken

Thanks, for sharing. Looks like a nice ride, what was you total milage for the trip? Ken

Joliet,

The dirt part must have been something like 25 miles. Start and finish in La Mesa was a full tank, 150miles. I also went in Harrison Park off Hwy 79 trying to get through William Heise Co. Park to Boulder Cr. Later, the route took me toward Mason Valley which was locked. Reset the suspension for the road and rolled down the mountain to Japatul Rd. and home.

Dave