StevoDaDevo

Tecate to Cabo March/April 2013

You must be getting good at changing tires. 4 in one day..... Safe travels! Hopefully you all met up tonight.

Hey......since I know I won't be hitting snow, how many jackets do I need? I am thinking a thin windbreaker or just gore tex shell for the evenings... instead of my normal 37 jackets.

I leave SF Saturday and return the following Saturday. The plan right now is to Mulege.

I leave SF Saturday and return the following Saturday. The plan right now is to Mulege.

San Felipe is 85/65 right now... no jacket needed, night or day. I'd bring a shell (wind/chill)

Hey......since I know I won't be hitting snow, how many jackets do I need? I am thinking a thin windbreaker or just gore tex shell for the evenings... instead of my normal 37 jackets.

That's the perfect setup. It's been really windy the while time.

I'm now in La Paz. We pretty much ran out of tubes and decided to slab it from Constitucion instead of taking the scenic route. We'll get some tubes at the motorcycle shop and head down to Cabo hopefully today.

That's the perfect setup. It's been really windy the while time.

I'm now in La Paz. We pretty much ran out of tubes and decided to slab it from Constitucion instead of taking the scenic route. We'll get some tubes at the motorcycle shop and head down to Cabo hopefully today.

We are up to 8 flats as of yesterday. Getting REALLY good at fixing them on the big 990s. Most are pinch flats even though we are running 30+ psi.

I'm posting pics along the way when I can.

We are up to 8 flats as of yesterday. Getting REALLY good at fixing them on the big 990s. Most are pinch flats even though we are running 30+ psi.

WOW..... that's nuts!!! Even with that kind of air pressure.... and I mean, look at that rim, it's near square!! coolio.gif

... it's the turtle-heads you need to look out for. I'd assume those big bikes nearly break the rock in half when ran over! blink.gif However, not so... as seen by the rim.

Thanks for the pictures, great seeing them and they sure tell the story!

Great pics, thanks for sharing! One of the pics reminds me of my finest moments on our ride, note the plural.

Just pulled into Cabo!! 10 flats on the way down!!

So pumped!!

10 Flats?

So Pumped?

Well, I hope you have one of those electric pumps because you would have run out of CO2 by now.

Just pulled into Cabo!! 10 flats on the way down!!

So pumped!!

10 Flats?

So Pumped?

Well, I hope you have one of those electric pumps because you would have run out of CO2 by now.

We carry the little Slime pumps. Heading to Walmart to get a bigger one now.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics! You've changed more flats on one trip than I've changed since owning my bikes!

Final flat count... 12!

Oh man, what an amazing ride that was! We had ZERO mechanical issues. It was really awesome seeing all the far away places and kind, gentle people of Baja.

3,116 miles total!

I can't wait to go back...