Kathy, Jarrett and I just returned home from a 10 day vacation that included playing on Ski Doo's in the Colorado River (Bull Head City), rafting in the American River, mountain biking in Tahoe, and riding ~300 miles of beautiful fire roads/trails on our Dual Sport bikes in the Oakhurst/Bass Lake area (just below Yosemite). This particular photo album contains the Dual Sport Photo's. We rode the 2004 Bass Lake 250 Saturday hard way loop (~140 Miles) and the 2005 Saturday hard way loop (160 Miles)....what a blast! ;):lol::lol: Nice to ride both Sat loops as a small group (The organized/invitation only ride is scheduled for October ths year). And hey Hammer, one of my riding partners this past weekend was your neighbor with the KTM - Jon. What a small world? Nice guy/good rider. :bb:

Chris's Bass Lake Photo's

Gil's Photo's

I posted a couple of video's of Jarrett crossing the creek at the Big Sandy campground on my My Space page:

Jarrett's initial Stream Crossing at Big Sandy CG

Jarrett crossing back over, wheelie, crossing - followed by Anthony crossing

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Pics like that make me miss Montana. Thanks for sharing. :lol: Ken

Looks like you guys and gals had a good time. You must have gotten to do all the good stuff if Gil was there.

It is really fun riding up there. I’ve done it twice. It’s hard to ride fast because there are so many things to look at. The stuff the photos don’t show is how hot and humid it can be up there. It can really wipe you out if you’re not careful.

At the 2004 ride getting gas at Jones store was interesting since they had to fill 100+ bikes. At least they knew we were coming and were prepared.

Here’s a link to an article about the 2004 ride on off-road.com

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/arti...ing=bass%20lake

The OC Dualie’s web site mentions a Bass Lake ride in October. They did one last year so Larry Langley may do one again this year. The Bass Lake 250 is now an invitational ride for OC Dualie Members. Become an OC Dualie and receive an invitation to ride some awesome Northern California trails around Yosemite.

Dualie link:

http://www.dualies.com/index.html

Looks like you guys and gals had a good time. You must have gotten to do all the good stuff if Gil was there.

It is really fun riding up there. I’ve done it twice. It’s hard to ride fast because there are so many things to look at. The stuff the photos don’t show is how hot and humid it can be up there. It can really wipe you out if you’re not careful.

At the 2004 ride getting gas at Jones store was interesting since they had to fill 100+ bikes. At least they knew we were coming and were prepared.

Here’s a link to an article about the 2004 ride on off-road.com

http://dirtbike.off-road.com/dirtbike/arti...ing=bass%20lake

The OC Dualie’s web site mentions a Bass Lake ride in October. They did one last year so Larry Langley may do one again this year. The Bass Lake 250 is now an invitational ride for OC Dualie Members. Become an OC Dualie and receive an invitation to ride some awesome Northern California trails around Yosemite.

Dualie link:

http://www.dualies.com/index.html

The heat wasn't too bad at all since we were between 7-8K most of th eitme and in the shade of the trees....

I've ridden in the Bass Lake 250 since 2002, including last year's invitation only ride since I'm a member of that club too....FYI, this year's ride will be Oct 13/14.

That trip and those pics look awesome, Chris! 10 days!?! WOW! The BBQ you missed was great ... but ...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

And hey Hammer, one of my riding partners this past weekend was your neighbor with the KTM - Jon. What a small world? Nice guy/good rider.

When I first bought my XR 650L Jon invited me on a supper technical ride, I realy wanted to go but when I told him I wanted to ride my 650 and not my CR 500 He told me it was a bad choice and discoaraged and un invited me.

The next weekend he told me of another ride he was doing. I had to blow off a date with my wife to school this young Buck.

Now he invites me and my BIG RELIABLE POWERHOUSE on all rides. :lol:

Ten bucks for gas, eight for lunch, having to kiss my wifes butt all week so I could folow my neighbor and stay right on his fender till he crashed PRICELESS.

Did you guys see a bed and breakfast (The Pine Rose Inn) My best friend owns and operates it. A couple of years ago I spent a week there Sno Boarding. What a beautifull place (Bass Lake) Its hard to leave here in the summer with the beach and great surf accross the street.

Maybe I will see you guys on the trails when the beach isnt sooooo nice. ;)